MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is proud to announce the purchase of a new, custom-configured MD 530F by the Virginia Beach Police Department Aviation Unit. This will be the first MD Helicopters aircraft to join the Virginia Beach Police Department since the Helicopter Operations unit was established.
“The MD 530F is an exceptional aircraft for law enforcement operations,” said Andy Pillado, Vice President, Commercial & Military Sales and Marketing for MD Helicopters. “More than just a force multiplier, this aircraft is an affordable, powerful performer that delivers reliability and increased mission versatility.”
3 a.m., supporting ground units in the execution of air patrol, search and rescue, surveillance, as well as crime scene and damage assessment. Operated by a two-person flight crew, the unit also provides assistance in dignitary transports and Project Lifesaver support as needed.
The Virginia Beach Police right-hand command MD 530F will feature the Rolls-Royce 250-C30 650shp turbine engine, extended landing gear, Fargo 21 gallon auxiliary fuel tank, and wire strike protection system. High-contrast main rotor blades, a FLIR® Star SAFIRE 380HDc EOIR system, a new TrakkaBeam® A800 searchlight, and an NVISB interior will provide enhanced visibility for both officers and citizens during low-light operations.
The all-glass cockpit features the Garmin 500H EFIS flight display, Garmin GTN650H touchscreen GPS/Navigation and communications panel, Garmin GMA 350H audio panel, Howell Instruments Engine Instruments Display, Technisonic TDFM 9300 and Garmin GTR 225 multi-band airborne radios, and Churchill ARS-600 airborne mapping system.
“It is truly an honor to be joining the Virginia Beach Police Department family,” Pillado concludes. “We are excited about the role this aircraft will play in protecting the citizens of Virginia Beach, and look forward to a long and growing relationship.”
MD Helicopters will deliver the new, custom-configured MD 530F to the Virginia Beach Police Department, Helicopter Operations Aviation Unit in Q2 2018.
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director