Discovery Air Inc. (“Discovery Air” or the “Corporation”) (TSX: DA.DB.A) announced today the appointment of Alan D. Torrie as Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) effective August 29, 2017. Mr. Torrie is an accomplished and experienced business leader and was most recently the President and Chief Executive Officer of Morneau Shepell. Paul Bouchard will remain in his role as President of Discovery Air Defence Services Inc., Al Martin continues to serve as President of Great Slave Helicopters Ltd. and President of Air Tindi Ltd. and Malcolm McLean remains President of Discovery Mining Services Ltd.
Mr. Torrie succeeds Mr. Jacob (Koby) Shavit as CEO. Mr. Shavit will remain as an advisor to the Corporation, with a focus on the defense business’s growth strategy which he envisioned and worked to advance over the past few years.
Ken Rotman, Chairman of Discovery Air, remarked: “on behalf of the board of directors and shareholders, I would like to thank Koby for his hard work and dedication to Discovery Air over the past four years. The Defence Services division is now well-positioned to capitalize on the growth of the outsourced combat support market which Koby predicted.”
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements made in this press release are forward-looking statements (as defined in applicable securities laws). These statements include, without limitation, statements relating to the appointment of the new CEO and other statements that are not historical facts.
Forward-looking statements, by their very nature, are subject to inherent risks and uncertainties and are based on assumptions, both general and specific, which give rise to the possibility that actual results or events could differ materially from our expectations expressed in or implied by such forward-looking statements. As a result, we cannot guarantee that any forward-looking statement will materialize and we caution you against relying on any of these forward-looking statements. For a description of relevant assumptions and risks, please consult Discovery Air’s 2017 Annual Information Form dated April 13, 2017, and Discovery Air’s 2017 MD&A for the three-month period ended April 30, 2017, all filed with the Canadian provincial securities regulatory authorities (available at www.sedar.com) and which are also available on Discovery Air’s website at www.discoveryair.com. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release describe our expectations as of the date hereof, and, accordingly, are subject to change after such date. Except as may be required by Canadian securities laws, we do not undertake any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements contained in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
- Phoenix Heli-Flight picks Outerlink IRIS tracking for fleet upgrade
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $19M Contract for MV-22 and CV-22 Kits
- Sikorsky-Boeing SB>1 DEFIANT™ Helicopter Achieves First Flight
- Keystone Turbine Services Earns Two Rolls-Royce M250 Awards
- FlightSafety to add Advanced Energy Management – Rotorcraft course
- HealthNet EC145e to serve West Virginia
- Bell and Rolls-Royce Collaborate
- Sikorsky Recognizes County Of County of Los Angeles Fire Department
- CHC and Aberdeen University to embark on research partnership
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries