Héli-Union has successfully obtained the first ever EASA certification of an LPV capability on AS332L1 with both digital and analogic systems. Normally, an LPV capability on AS332L1 utilises either digital or analogic system. Many companies try to improve the method by combining both systems but none succeeded, except Héli-Union. For now, Héli-Union is the only company that has been approved by EASA to apply such LPV capability on AS332L1 type helicopter.
A localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV) approach is a modern instrument approach procedure that uses wide area augmentation system (WAAS) and very precise GPS capabilities to attain an airplane’s position. This approach increases position sensitivity as the aircraft approaches runways, enabling the aircraft to be flown completely by the autopilot. With the ability of incorporating the digital and analogic systems, Héli-Union’s LPV capability is able to produce a more precise position, thus decrease the risks while flying in autopilot mode.
As a reliable helicopter support services company, safety is always at the forefront of Héli-Union’s daily activity. Héli-Union does not cease to improve its services, with the goal of providing only the best service for its clients. This new certification allows Héli-Union to provide a much more advanced service, thus keeping the clients helicopter flying safely anywhere and everywhere.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot