Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS) today announced the appointment of Timothy Knapp to senior vice president, general counsel, responsible for all legal aspects of the business, corporate compliance and insurance, effective September 26, 2017. In his new role, Knapp will report directly to Bristow Group President and Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Baliff.
“Tim brings significant legal and business experience from a variety of public and private companies both as a general counsel and in private practice,” said Baliff. “His proven strategic and commercial acumen strengthens our business partnership with the new Bristow’s corporate and hub leadership teams as we navigate the difficult environment in the offshore oil and gas industry.”
An engineer by training, Knapp was vice president, general counsel, corporate secretary and chief compliance officer at SourceGas LLC from 2009 to 2016 prior to joining Bristow. He previously served as a partner at Knapp & Rome, LLC, specializing in energy from 1993 to 2009. Knapp obtained a Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Denver and a Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, from Ohio State University.
Knapp assumes the role from David Searle, who has been serving as interim general counsel since June 2017.
“I also want to thank David for his excellent leadership as interim general counsel during the first half of fiscal year 2018, where he helped drive important Bristow initiatives,” Baliff said.
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet