Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS) today announced the appointment of Timothy Knapp to senior vice president, general counsel, responsible for all legal aspects of the business, corporate compliance and insurance, effective September 26, 2017. In his new role, Knapp will report directly to Bristow Group President and Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Baliff.
“Tim brings significant legal and business experience from a variety of public and private companies both as a general counsel and in private practice,” said Baliff. “His proven strategic and commercial acumen strengthens our business partnership with the new Bristow’s corporate and hub leadership teams as we navigate the difficult environment in the offshore oil and gas industry.”
An engineer by training, Knapp was vice president, general counsel, corporate secretary and chief compliance officer at SourceGas LLC from 2009 to 2016 prior to joining Bristow. He previously served as a partner at Knapp & Rome, LLC, specializing in energy from 1993 to 2009. Knapp obtained a Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Denver and a Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, from Ohio State University.
Knapp assumes the role from David Searle, who has been serving as interim general counsel since June 2017.
“I also want to thank David for his excellent leadership as interim general counsel during the first half of fiscal year 2018, where he helped drive important Bristow initiatives,” Baliff said.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation