The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund, Inc. is proud to announce the opening of the 2018 scholarship season. Sixteen scholarships will be awarded to deserving female aviators in 2018, setting the bar for the entire helicopter industry. Applications are due by October 1st.
This year, scholarship sponsors include Airbus, Erickson Inc., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, FlightSafety International Inc., ForeFlight, Garmin, Night Flight Concepts, Oregon Aero, Robinson Helicopter Company, Survival Systems USA, Inc., and Western Helicopters Inc., as well as private individuals. Awards are available for both experienced and new pilots and examples include classes in Vertical Reference, turbine transition, software use, and a helicopter add-on rating.
Whirly Girls Vice President – Scholarships, Alison Martin, stated, “I encourage all women in the helicopter industry to apply for these scholarships and connect with the Whirly Girls Organization. The importance of the support gained from fellow Whirly Girls cannot be overstated. Women compose only 3-6% of pilots and our loyal sponsors are providing these career-building opportunities to aid in the effort to advance women in the helicopter industry. Every female pilot owes it to herself to apply.”
Scholarship applications are available at www.whirlygirls.org/scholarships/apply-now and are due October 1, 2017. Scholarships will be awarded in February at the Annual Whirly Girls Awards Banquet at Heli-Expo in Las Vegas, NV. For more information, please visit www.whirlygirls.org.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work