The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund, Inc. is proud to announce the opening of the 2018 scholarship season. Sixteen scholarships will be awarded to deserving female aviators in 2018, setting the bar for the entire helicopter industry. Applications are due by October 1st.
This year, scholarship sponsors include Airbus, Erickson Inc., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, FlightSafety International Inc., ForeFlight, Garmin, Night Flight Concepts, Oregon Aero, Robinson Helicopter Company, Survival Systems USA, Inc., and Western Helicopters Inc., as well as private individuals. Awards are available for both experienced and new pilots and examples include classes in Vertical Reference, turbine transition, software use, and a helicopter add-on rating.
Whirly Girls Vice President – Scholarships, Alison Martin, stated, “I encourage all women in the helicopter industry to apply for these scholarships and connect with the Whirly Girls Organization. The importance of the support gained from fellow Whirly Girls cannot be overstated. Women compose only 3-6% of pilots and our loyal sponsors are providing these career-building opportunities to aid in the effort to advance women in the helicopter industry. Every female pilot owes it to herself to apply.”
Scholarship applications are available at www.whirlygirls.org/scholarships/apply-now and are due October 1, 2017. Scholarships will be awarded in February at the Annual Whirly Girls Awards Banquet at Heli-Expo in Las Vegas, NV. For more information, please visit www.whirlygirls.org.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot