Waypoint Leasing (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, today announced the establishment of a Leasing Platform in the Tianjin Free Trade Zone DFTP Area (“DFTP”) in China. Working in close collaboration with the highly experienced team at the Tianjin Free Trade Zone DFTP, the establishment of this Leasing Platform will allow Waypoint to better serve the leasing needs of its customers in China.
Philip Stransky, Vice President of Sales & Relationship Management, Asia Pacific said, “We are excited to announce the establishment of this new Leasing Platform in the Tianjin FTZ as it will enable us to continue to develop our growing business in China. Waypoint executed our first two leases in China this year, and our initiative to establish this platform reflects the importance we place on customers in this market. We look forward to continuing to support our valued customers in China in the years to come as this market grows.”
Ed Washecka, Chief Executive Officer at Waypoint added, “Working in close partnership with the Tianjin FTZ Team, this platform will be very important as we continue to build out Waypoint’s capacity to serve the market in China. It will facilitate our ability to meet customer needs in China through more efficient financing and lease structures for our customers. At the end of the day, this is another valuable tool that our Sales & Relationship Management Team can utilize to provide tailored solutions in this fast and growing market.”
Since its inception in 2013, Waypoint has been active in supporting oil and gas, utility, firefighting and other industrial-focused helicopter operators. Waypoint’s portfolio includes more than 145 aircraft for 32 customers in 30 countries with total assets in excess of $1.6 billion. Additionally, Waypoint has firm and option orders with aircraft manufacturers for more than 95 helicopters valued at more than $1.2 billion, to be delivered over the next five years.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee