We will be awarding two full Scholarships: a Commercial Pilot (CPL(H)) Scholarship, with a value of £55k, and a Flight Instructor (FI(H)) Scholarship, worth £19k, to successful applicants, giving budding pilots the opportunity to fast-track their way onto the career ladder.
The CPL(H) Scholarship will include a total of up to 145 hours flight time in a Guimbal Cabri G2 and will cover the entire cost of:
- all post-PPL(H) hour building (including the chance to fly some hours at our Winter Haven base in sunny Florida, USA where our previous three Scholarship winners spent some time in the UK winter months)
- the ATPL(H) theoretical knowledge course
- the complete CPL(H) modular flying course
The FI(H) Scholarship will pay for the complete 30-hour Flight Instructor course and we will reward the winner with a full-time Flight Instructor position with us upon completion. Our Scholarship programme (which was created to meet the ever-growing demand for helicopter pilots) has been extremely successful since its launch in 2012, providing winners with much-needed funding in order to complete their professional training.
Anyone wishing to apply for either of these incredible scholarship opportunities should ensure they have submitted their application and enrolled on our Private Pilot’s Licence (H) course before 31stDecember 2017. To be considered, applicants must complete their PPL(H) course by Sunday 30thSeptember 2018.
Our Scholarship programme has proven to be the biggest single investment in the future of our industry that we as a company have made and we are extremely proud of the quality of talent we have discovered and developed thanks to our Scholarship programme. Prospective applicants can register their interest in the 2018 Scholarship programme, as well as find entry criteria and the online application form here.
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream