Life Link III announced today that R.J. Frascone, MD, FACEP, has been named Medical Director of the Year by Air Medical Physician Association (AMPA). This national honor recognizes a medical director who has demonstrated exceptional personal involvement in a flight program and is considered to be an invaluable part of the air medical flight program’s success. The award will be presented to Dr. Frascone in front of his peers, at the 25th Annual AMPA General Membership meeting being held in Fort Worth, Texas, on October 15, 2017.
“Since 1987, Dr. Frascone has been leading the way on bringing innovative bedside technology on-board our aircraft and driving exceptional patient care delivery,” stated Kolby Kolbet, vice president of clinical services for Life Link III. “Being named Medical Director of the Year by AMPA recognizes the many contributions Dr. Frascone has made, not just for our organization, but in serving as a national thought leader in advancing critical care across the air medical industry. We are very proud to have Dr. Frascone as a key part of the Life Link III team.”
The AMPA honor recognizes an individual whose contributions to medical direction, education, quality care, outreach, safety, and team morale are part of the essential fabric of the program through leadership. “In addition to guiding our clinical care, Dr. Frascone is committed to bringing the safety of our crew and patients to the forefront of all decision making. As Chief Medical Officer, a member of the Life Link III Board of Directors, and Chair of the Clinical Council, Dr. Frascone’s involvement and leadership has helped shape one of the most robust safety programs in the air medical transport community,” stated Edward Eroe, president and CEO of Life Link III.
Life Link III provides air medical transportation for patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and throughout the United States via helicopter and airplane. The company provides on-scene emergency response and inter-facility transportation, caring for the most critically ill or injured patients. Life Link III is one of the largest hospital-based non-profit consortium air medical transport programs in the United States. Today, nine healthcare systems with a total of 48 hospitals comprise the Life Link III Consortium, which guides the company’s clinical and business practices.
In addition to serving as the Chief Medical Officer for Life Link III, Dr. R.J. Frascone is the Medical Director of Regions Hospital EMS which includes the City of St. Paul, Life Link III (rotor and fixed wing transport) and 28 other agencies. He is a Professor of Emergency Medicine at the University of Minnesota and has worked in the Emergency Department of Regions Hospital for 38 years. He has been a leader in regional, state and national EMS and is a past Chair for the Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board for the state of Minnesota.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment