CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero®”) (NYSE American:CVU) announced today that it has signed a long term supply agreement with Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE:LMT), to manufacture gunner window assemblies for the UH-60M Black Hawk helicopter. This long-term agreement is valued at up to approximately $8.2 million for a period of five years, beginning in 2018 and ending in 2022 per Sikorsky and the U.S. Army’s recent signing of the Multi-Year IX contract.
The windows are of two-piece construction located just behind the pilot seat on each side of the aircraft. They slide open for use by the machine gun operator. CPI Aero has been producing gunner window assemblies for the Black Hawk helicopter since 2010. Since that time, CPI Aero has delivered more than 2,400 window sections to support the production of approximately 600 aircraft.
Douglas J. McCrosson, president and chief executive officer of CPI Aero commented, “This new multi-year follow-on order highlights our exceptional program execution, quality, value, and customer service to Sikorsky on the UH-60 platform. We are honored that Sikorsky has again selected CPI Aero to manufacture an important component that is critical to fulfilling a key mission of this extremely effective and versatile aircraft.”
The Black Hawk helicopter has become the leader in multi-mission-type aircraft. Among the mission configurations it serves are troop transport, medical evacuation, electronic warfare, attack, assault support and special operations.
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden