Another XXV edition of the International Defense Industry Exhibition in Kielce will be remembered as the success story of the Air Force Technical Institute. The Institute was honored with the prestigious Defender Award, which the jury awarded for the Jet-2 Jet Flight System, exhibited during the fair with the Ground Control Station and launcher. The system is a result of cooperation between ITWL and MSP Marcin Szender, the Military Technical Academy and the Warsaw University of Technology. The formation of the system was financed from NCBIR funds – Jet Airways project with programmed flight route DOBR / 0065 / R / ID1 / 2012/03. During the fair ITWL has concluded a number of important agreements with domestic and foreign partners. An agreement was signed with the NATO-NAGSMA agency, under which ITWL entered the AGS (Air Ground Surveillance) program as a contractor for verification and validation of AGS procedures.
The contract amounts to EUR 30 million and the deadline is 30 months. Another two agreements were signed with the Polish Armaments Group S.A. They assume the development of cooperation in the field of Aircraft Unmanned Aerial Systems. The aim of cooperation is the commercialization of BSP Systems developed by ITWL and jointly offered to potential customers, such as Polish Armed Forces, Police, Border Guard and Government Protection Office. The agreements provide an excellent example of cooperation under the supervision of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Industry to achieve synergies – ITWL provides know-how, and PGZ ensures productive capacity. The ITWL booth also signed an agreement with a tycoon in the armaments industry, Thales. The cooperation will include a common interplay of the THALES TELSON 22 missile system with the Mi-24 helicopter using ITWL’s weapon management system.
The products exhibited during the MSPO at the Institute booth attracted great interest from official Polish and foreign delegations, both civil and military. The Institute’s directorate was made up of the highest representatives of the BBN, the Ministry of Defense, the Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland, or the National Center for Research and Development, which for years has had an invaluable influence on the development of Polish technological thought and the sphere of scientific research.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring