Jonathan Trower, who has been a Trustee of the Charity since September 2016, takes over from Acting Chair, Rob Forsyth.
Jonathan is a Managing Director at DC Advisory, a City-based corporate advisory firm. He and his wife also own a small farming business on the boundary of Hertfordshire and Essex. He is involved with a number of other local charities and was High Sheriff of Hertfordshire in 2015. Having lived most of his life in either Hertfordshire or Essex, he was delighted to have been asked to take on the role of Chair.
Jonathan Trower, Chair of Trustees for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, said: “Firstly, I am honoured and suitably humbled to be taking on this role. I know how much the people of Essex and Hertfordshire care about their Air Ambulance. The evidence is there in both the quantity and quality of the support that we get across the two counties.
I will do everything in my power to ensure that this Charity continues to serve the needs of our two counties.”
“And secondly, I would like to thank Rob, on all our behalves, for everything that he has achieved as Acting Chairman of the Charity over the last few years; unveiling our new helicopter is a suitable culmination of this Chairmanship. I am more than a little daunted as I step into his shoes. But, I am immensely looking forward to working with CEO Jane Gurney and her team.”
Previously, Acting Chair Rob Forsyth led the Board after the death of the Charity’s founder and Chair, Brian Shipley in December 2015.
Rob Forsyth’s Chairmanship culminated with the unveiling of the Charity’s first ever owned helicopter, the Agusta Westland 169, which was unveiled at the Charity’s 20th anniversary celebration at Audley End House on 25th June 2017.
At that event Rob Forsyth, Former Acting Chair of Trustees for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, said: “We can now celebrate the beginning of the next phase of our journey, with the introduction of our new state of the art helicopter, which will deliver even greater opportunity to advance our patient care potential. I would like to thank my fellow Trustees, all of the Charity team and volunteers and, most importantly, you our supporters, for everyone’s continued support over the past 20 years and into the future.”
“I look forward to remaining on the Board of Trustees and playing my part in supporting Jonathan and the Executive Team going forwards.”
Jane Gurney, CEO of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, said: “We are delighted to welcome Jonathan to the Board. He brings with him a wealth of experience and a true passion for the communities of Essex and Hertfordshire. His knowledge, together with his previous work with other charities, will guide us towards our next exciting chapter. I am personally looking forward to working alongside Jonathan in helping to make Essex & Herts Air Ambulance stronger than ever before.”
The first meeting with the new configuration of the Board of Trustees was held on Tuesday 19th September.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation