This landmark-hour was flown by a PPL(H) student, Ben from London, who was sent on a solo flight by instructor, Jop Dingemans. Ben was surprised to learn of his achievement upon returning from his flight, which gave him a place in our record books.
Although we began offering training in Cabri G2s in 2013, we actually took delivery of our very first owned, factory-new Cabri G2 in October 2014. These 10,000 hours make up all the flying time spent since we began operating the type, which is has quickly become the leading next generation two-seater training helicopter.
Since buying our first Cabri G2, our fleet has expanded and we now own and operate six: five at our base at Leicester Airport and one in the Sunshine State of Florida at our Winter Haven base, located half way between Tampa and Orlando. Our Florida base provides students with a fantastic opportunity to build hours, or even learn from scratch, in the fabulous year-round sunshine.
In the last three years alone, we’ve trained over 100 private and professional pilots for their PPL(H), CPL(H), Type Rating and Flight Instructor courses in Cabri G2s. Over the past couple of years, the Cabri G2 has become ever-more popular with students and, as a result, the number of hours we have flown has increased exponentially.
We’re so thankful and appreciative for all the support we’ve received over the years from staff at the factory of French manufacturers, Hélicoptères Guimbal.
We’d like to thank every single student who has flown with and/or trained with us in one of our Cabri G2s over the last four years; here’s to the next 10,000 hours!
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report