This landmark-hour was flown by a PPL(H) student, Ben from London, who was sent on a solo flight by instructor, Jop Dingemans. Ben was surprised to learn of his achievement upon returning from his flight, which gave him a place in our record books.
Although we began offering training in Cabri G2s in 2013, we actually took delivery of our very first owned, factory-new Cabri G2 in October 2014. These 10,000 hours make up all the flying time spent since we began operating the type, which is has quickly become the leading next generation two-seater training helicopter.
Since buying our first Cabri G2, our fleet has expanded and we now own and operate six: five at our base at Leicester Airport and one in the Sunshine State of Florida at our Winter Haven base, located half way between Tampa and Orlando. Our Florida base provides students with a fantastic opportunity to build hours, or even learn from scratch, in the fabulous year-round sunshine.
In the last three years alone, we’ve trained over 100 private and professional pilots for their PPL(H), CPL(H), Type Rating and Flight Instructor courses in Cabri G2s. Over the past couple of years, the Cabri G2 has become ever-more popular with students and, as a result, the number of hours we have flown has increased exponentially.
We’re so thankful and appreciative for all the support we’ve received over the years from staff at the factory of French manufacturers, Hélicoptères Guimbal.
We’d like to thank every single student who has flown with and/or trained with us in one of our Cabri G2s over the last four years; here’s to the next 10,000 hours!
- China to sanction Lockheed Martin
- Innisfail Health Centre helipad closed for safety improvements
- Newport Helicopter Tours Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- KAI aims to export first Korean-made helicopter to Indonesia
- Air ambulances in Nova Scotia now carry supply of blood
- Melfort Union Hospital helipad goes out to tender
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package to Mexio
- Nigerian Air Force inaugurates helipad for anti-bandit operations
- First Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey delivered to Japan
- Royal Hobart Hospital helipad now open
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package for Colombian National Police
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone