This landmark-hour was flown by a PPL(H) student, Ben from London, who was sent on a solo flight by instructor, Jop Dingemans. Ben was surprised to learn of his achievement upon returning from his flight, which gave him a place in our record books.
Although we began offering training in Cabri G2s in 2013, we actually took delivery of our very first owned, factory-new Cabri G2 in October 2014. These 10,000 hours make up all the flying time spent since we began operating the type, which is has quickly become the leading next generation two-seater training helicopter.
Since buying our first Cabri G2, our fleet has expanded and we now own and operate six: five at our base at Leicester Airport and one in the Sunshine State of Florida at our Winter Haven base, located half way between Tampa and Orlando. Our Florida base provides students with a fantastic opportunity to build hours, or even learn from scratch, in the fabulous year-round sunshine.
In the last three years alone, we’ve trained over 100 private and professional pilots for their PPL(H), CPL(H), Type Rating and Flight Instructor courses in Cabri G2s. Over the past couple of years, the Cabri G2 has become ever-more popular with students and, as a result, the number of hours we have flown has increased exponentially.
We’re so thankful and appreciative for all the support we’ve received over the years from staff at the factory of French manufacturers, Hélicoptères Guimbal.
We’d like to thank every single student who has flown with and/or trained with us in one of our Cabri G2s over the last four years; here’s to the next 10,000 hours!
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit