Air Shasta were excited to take delivery of their first Eagle 407HP, a conversion in which Eagle replaces the standard Bell 407 Rolls Royce engine with a Honeywell HTS900, in July 2017.
Air Shasta is a California-based operator with more than 30 years’ experience in helicopter tours, sales, maintenance, flight training and charter services. Air Shasta plans to take advantage of the increased payload and improved hot/high performance of the Eagle 407HP to expand operations to firefighting, wildlife and utility contracting.
Air Shasta President, Dave Everson, is confident the Eagle 407HP’s performance “will afford us the opportunity to win more contracts as we expand our firefighting and utility offering”.
“While operating in hot and high conditions in Northern California, increased performance becomes a requirement to fulfil missions,” explains Air Shasta VP of Operations Casey Ross, “We are confident the Eagle 407HP will give us that competitive edge”.
After another intense fire season in California, the addition of a high-performance aircraft such as the Eagle 407HP to Air Shasta’s fleet was warmly welcomed.
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters