Air Shasta were excited to take delivery of their first Eagle 407HP, a conversion in which Eagle replaces the standard Bell 407 Rolls Royce engine with a Honeywell HTS900, in July 2017.
Air Shasta is a California-based operator with more than 30 years’ experience in helicopter tours, sales, maintenance, flight training and charter services. Air Shasta plans to take advantage of the increased payload and improved hot/high performance of the Eagle 407HP to expand operations to firefighting, wildlife and utility contracting.
Air Shasta President, Dave Everson, is confident the Eagle 407HP’s performance “will afford us the opportunity to win more contracts as we expand our firefighting and utility offering”.
“While operating in hot and high conditions in Northern California, increased performance becomes a requirement to fulfil missions,” explains Air Shasta VP of Operations Casey Ross, “We are confident the Eagle 407HP will give us that competitive edge”.
After another intense fire season in California, the addition of a high-performance aircraft such as the Eagle 407HP to Air Shasta’s fleet was warmly welcomed.
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Duke Energy picks GPMS Foresight HUMS
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence