Air Shasta were excited to take delivery of their first Eagle 407HP, a conversion in which Eagle replaces the standard Bell 407 Rolls Royce engine with a Honeywell HTS900, in July 2017.
Air Shasta is a California-based operator with more than 30 years’ experience in helicopter tours, sales, maintenance, flight training and charter services. Air Shasta plans to take advantage of the increased payload and improved hot/high performance of the Eagle 407HP to expand operations to firefighting, wildlife and utility contracting.
Air Shasta President, Dave Everson, is confident the Eagle 407HP’s performance “will afford us the opportunity to win more contracts as we expand our firefighting and utility offering”.
“While operating in hot and high conditions in Northern California, increased performance becomes a requirement to fulfil missions,” explains Air Shasta VP of Operations Casey Ross, “We are confident the Eagle 407HP will give us that competitive edge”.
After another intense fire season in California, the addition of a high-performance aircraft such as the Eagle 407HP to Air Shasta’s fleet was warmly welcomed.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award