Leonardo, a leading manufacturer in the global helicopter industry, is exhibiting two of its most successful models in VIP/corporate transport configuration at the Monaco Yacht Show (27-30th September). The company is showcasing a GrandNew light twin and an AW169 light intermediate twin aircraft, both owned by a British private customer and used for VIP transport missions across the UK.
The latest evolution of the iconic AW109 series, the bestselling GrandNew is the fastest light twinengine helicopter available today and sets new standards in terms of cabin space and comfort for up to six passengers plus two pilots (or one pilot plus a seventh passenger), advanced navigation and safety technology and performance. Approximately 280 GrandNew aircraft have been sold to over 230 customers worldwide in more than 40 nations to date to carry out a wide range of roles. At the Monaco Yacht Show the GrandNew is on display on the fully certified helideck and hangar of the brand new 70-metre Game Changer Yacht support vessel designed and manufactured by Dutch shipbuilder Damen. Thanks to its all-weather navigation capabilities, passenger capacity, an outstanding maximum cruise speed of 156 knots and a maximum range of 464 nautical miles, the GrandNew is the perfect fit for helicopter transport duties in the rapidly developing market of yacht support vessels.
The new generation 4.8 tonne AW169 helicopter is having its Monaco Yacht Show premiere this year. The helicopter is showcased at the event with an enhanced comfort customised seven seat cabin configuration. The cabin can accommodate up to 10 passengers. The first all new helicopter in its category in over 30 years, the AW169 features advanced technology and solutions for unparalleled capabilities and safety, including a modern glass cockpit with touch screen technology, all electric landing gear, variable speed main rotor for enhanced efficiency and low noise, an APU (Auxiliary Power Unit) mode enabling main systems (including on board entertainment and air conditioning) to be up and running whilst on the ground with rotors stopped, extensive use of composite material – ideally suited for maritime environments, and all weather/day and night navigation capabilities. Over 160 AW169s have been ordered by customers worldwide to date to perform many different types of operations.
Leonardo is the global leader in the multi-engine VIP helicopter segment with a 50% market share. With the most modern range of VIP helicopters from light single engine to large medium/heavy three engine models and the first multirole tiltrotor in the world, all types share the same characteristics of quality, safety, technology and comfort with customised solutions tailored to each clients needs.
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue