Leonardo, a leading manufacturer in the global helicopter industry, is exhibiting two of its most successful models in VIP/corporate transport configuration at the Monaco Yacht Show (27-30th September). The company is showcasing a GrandNew light twin and an AW169 light intermediate twin aircraft, both owned by a British private customer and used for VIP transport missions across the UK.
The latest evolution of the iconic AW109 series, the bestselling GrandNew is the fastest light twinengine helicopter available today and sets new standards in terms of cabin space and comfort for up to six passengers plus two pilots (or one pilot plus a seventh passenger), advanced navigation and safety technology and performance. Approximately 280 GrandNew aircraft have been sold to over 230 customers worldwide in more than 40 nations to date to carry out a wide range of roles. At the Monaco Yacht Show the GrandNew is on display on the fully certified helideck and hangar of the brand new 70-metre Game Changer Yacht support vessel designed and manufactured by Dutch shipbuilder Damen. Thanks to its all-weather navigation capabilities, passenger capacity, an outstanding maximum cruise speed of 156 knots and a maximum range of 464 nautical miles, the GrandNew is the perfect fit for helicopter transport duties in the rapidly developing market of yacht support vessels.
The new generation 4.8 tonne AW169 helicopter is having its Monaco Yacht Show premiere this year. The helicopter is showcased at the event with an enhanced comfort customised seven seat cabin configuration. The cabin can accommodate up to 10 passengers. The first all new helicopter in its category in over 30 years, the AW169 features advanced technology and solutions for unparalleled capabilities and safety, including a modern glass cockpit with touch screen technology, all electric landing gear, variable speed main rotor for enhanced efficiency and low noise, an APU (Auxiliary Power Unit) mode enabling main systems (including on board entertainment and air conditioning) to be up and running whilst on the ground with rotors stopped, extensive use of composite material – ideally suited for maritime environments, and all weather/day and night navigation capabilities. Over 160 AW169s have been ordered by customers worldwide to date to perform many different types of operations.
Leonardo is the global leader in the multi-engine VIP helicopter segment with a 50% market share. With the most modern range of VIP helicopters from light single engine to large medium/heavy three engine models and the first multirole tiltrotor in the world, all types share the same characteristics of quality, safety, technology and comfort with customised solutions tailored to each clients needs.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf