Airbus Helicopters have brought an H225 to the Helitech International show which starts tomorrow at the ExCeL exhibition centre close to London City Airport. The helicopter touched down around 11.15L this morning. In an attempt to improve the PR surrounding the helicopter type, Airbus has brought an example which they had stored at the factory at Marignane for a number of months and is now operated by GHS in Germany for utility work.
While the H225 as a type has had its approval to fly restored by EASA, the outcome of the April 2016 accident to a CHC aircraft in Norway has not yet been announced by AIBN, the Accident Investigation Board Norway. Once the results of that process have been published, and any further modifications set in place resulting from that document, it will then be an elongated process for the operators, oil exploration companies and oil worker unions to reach an agreement for the type to be flying once again. Some oil companies, notably StatOil, have already stated that they will not allow their staff to fly in an H225 in the future.
HeliHub.com research suggests that 140 H225s are currently stored, including lease hand-backs. 21 of these are owned by leasing company Parilease, part of French bank BNP Paribas. These are, in turn, being marketed by Avinco, previously thought to be an independent company but recently revealed as a company “in the control of Airbus”.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- HENSOLDT enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 opens in French city of Nîmes
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique