Milestone Aviation Group Limited (Milestone) and Babcock Mission Critical Services Ltd. announce the sixth anniversary of their lease partnership. Milestone, the global leader in helicopter leasing, has served Babcock (and its predecessor companies) since 2011, first providing for the purchase/lease-back of three light-twin emergency medical service helicopters operated in Spain and Portugal.
Today, Milestone leases more than 50 helicopters into Babcock’s fleet ranging from light twins to heavies. Over half the helicopters operate in emergency medical services, police surveillance, and search and rescue missions. Most recently, Milestone introduced the H175 helicopter to Babcock’s fleet – the operator’s first super-medium aircraft – with the delivery of three aircraft from the lessor’s order book with Airbus. Milestone expects to deliver two additional H175s to Babcock before the end of the year.
“We are extremely proud to have expanded our partnership with Babcock over the past six years,” said Milestone President and CEO, Daniel Rosenthal. “The leases signed with Babcock reflect our customer focus, unparalleled suite of service offerings and long-term approach to developing business partnerships. Babcock has generated strong growth with their focus on mission-critical operations and government support services. We look forward to growing our relationship with Babcock and supporting them for years to come.”
“We are delighted to continue building on our long-term relationship with Milestone,” said Andrea Cicero, Managing Director, Babcock Mission Critical Services. “Milestone’s financial strength and stability as part of GE coupled with their market knowledge and diverse fleet makes them a perfect leasing partner. We appreciate their ability to think long-term and simultaneously move quickly to execute on tight timeframes. The partnership with Milestone allows us to better serve our customers and deliver value to our shareholders as the market continues to evolve.”
The Babcock-Milestone partnership is broad and diverse. Milestone has provided aircraft and operating lease financing on Babcock helicopters serving EMS, SAR, O&G and police surveillance missions utilising modern light-twin helicopters, mediums, super-mediums and heavy aircraft.
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas