The Shock Trauma Air Rescue Service (STARS) is pleased to announce that the sixth edition of CEO Rescue in the Rockies fundraiser has raised more than $365,000. Since 2011, the unique fundraiser has seen the Alberta community come together and raise more than $4 million for STARS.
It was not a typical day for the four participating CEOs, who took time out of their busy schedules to raise valuable donations for STARS. The day started off with the participants getting picked up in a helicopter from the Calgary Peace Bridge helipad and dropped off at a remote mountain location in Kananaskis Country. Surrounded by the beautiful yet unpredictable wilderness of the mountains, the CEOs faced a series of challenges, including a readiness, survival and STARS medical challenge. The most important challenge of the day saw the CEOs using only their cell phones to collect donations from colleagues, friends, family and fellow philanthropists to raise $100,000 each before they were “rescued” by a STARS air ambulance helicopter.
“Today’s mission to beat our fundraising goal was met with enthusiasm and determination by our participating CEOs,” said Andrea Robertson, president and CEO of STARS. “STARS relies on the support of allies like Mark, Tim, Quinn and Reid and their organizations to ensure that each person who needs emergency medical care receives it quickly. Thank you for joining our fight to save lives.”
This year’s Alberta business leaders whose fundraising and wilderness prowess were both put to the test included Tim Harvie, president and CEO at Southbow Farming; Mark McNeill, president and CEO at Stream-Flo Industries Ltd. And Master Flo Valve Inc.; Quinn Holtby, founder, president and CEO at Katch Kan; and Reid Johnson, President at Core Network Solutions Inc.
Funds raised through CEO Rescue in the Rockies will help STARS provide time, hope and life-saving transport to critically ill and injured patients.
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf
- Kawasaki receives 5-blade H145 order from Thai corporate operator
- Arista wins five year $111M extension to UH-1 maintenance contract
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Garmin® GI 275 electronic flight instrument CDI/MFD ready for helicopter installations
- GPMS Foresight HUMS now active on B407GXi
- Leading Edge Aviation adds B407GX to fleet
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force