The Shock Trauma Air Rescue Service (STARS) is pleased to announce that the sixth edition of CEO Rescue in the Rockies fundraiser has raised more than $365,000. Since 2011, the unique fundraiser has seen the Alberta community come together and raise more than $4 million for STARS.
It was not a typical day for the four participating CEOs, who took time out of their busy schedules to raise valuable donations for STARS. The day started off with the participants getting picked up in a helicopter from the Calgary Peace Bridge helipad and dropped off at a remote mountain location in Kananaskis Country. Surrounded by the beautiful yet unpredictable wilderness of the mountains, the CEOs faced a series of challenges, including a readiness, survival and STARS medical challenge. The most important challenge of the day saw the CEOs using only their cell phones to collect donations from colleagues, friends, family and fellow philanthropists to raise $100,000 each before they were “rescued” by a STARS air ambulance helicopter.
“Today’s mission to beat our fundraising goal was met with enthusiasm and determination by our participating CEOs,” said Andrea Robertson, president and CEO of STARS. “STARS relies on the support of allies like Mark, Tim, Quinn and Reid and their organizations to ensure that each person who needs emergency medical care receives it quickly. Thank you for joining our fight to save lives.”
This year’s Alberta business leaders whose fundraising and wilderness prowess were both put to the test included Tim Harvie, president and CEO at Southbow Farming; Mark McNeill, president and CEO at Stream-Flo Industries Ltd. And Master Flo Valve Inc.; Quinn Holtby, founder, president and CEO at Katch Kan; and Reid Johnson, President at Core Network Solutions Inc.
Funds raised through CEO Rescue in the Rockies will help STARS provide time, hope and life-saving transport to critically ill and injured patients.
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza