UK based Specialist Aviation Services is delighted to announce that it has been selected as the preferred bidder by Cornwall Air Ambulance to provide an AW169 EMS under a ten year contract starting in 2019.
The decision follows a competitive tendering process carried out by Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust ahead of the end of the existing contract with SAS and which will replace the MD902 Explorer operation based at the Charity’s Newquay Airport HQ.
Chosen by the Charity as its “Next Generation Helicopter”, the AW169 will deliver greater overall safety, performance & range and will be customised with a fully adaptable SAS medical interior, providing a spacious, bright cabin, easy loading and all round patient access.
SAS is already operating four AW169 EMS, with further aircraft entering service in the new year. This award brings the number of AW169’s so far confirmed for UK service by SAS to a total of nine helicopters.
Learning of the award, Henk Schaeken, SAS Managing Director stated “I am confident the AW169 will provide the Charity with the best air ambulance solution available for many, many years to come.”
Paula Martin, Chief Executive for the Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust said “everyone at the Charity is excited about the benefits the AW169 will bring to the patient. We now look forward to the next steps and formalising our decision in the coming weeks”.
Ian Brackenbury CB, Trustee for Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust said “the board of trustees is committed to the Charity’s objects of saving lives. We concluded the AW169 will provide the best platform for our clinical crews to do their job in the future”.
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)