UK based Specialist Aviation Services is delighted to announce that it has been selected as the preferred bidder by Cornwall Air Ambulance to provide an AW169 EMS under a ten year contract starting in 2019.
The decision follows a competitive tendering process carried out by Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust ahead of the end of the existing contract with SAS and which will replace the MD902 Explorer operation based at the Charity’s Newquay Airport HQ.
Chosen by the Charity as its “Next Generation Helicopter”, the AW169 will deliver greater overall safety, performance & range and will be customised with a fully adaptable SAS medical interior, providing a spacious, bright cabin, easy loading and all round patient access.
SAS is already operating four AW169 EMS, with further aircraft entering service in the new year. This award brings the number of AW169’s so far confirmed for UK service by SAS to a total of nine helicopters.
Learning of the award, Henk Schaeken, SAS Managing Director stated “I am confident the AW169 will provide the Charity with the best air ambulance solution available for many, many years to come.”
Paula Martin, Chief Executive for the Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust said “everyone at the Charity is excited about the benefits the AW169 will bring to the patient. We now look forward to the next steps and formalising our decision in the coming weeks”.
Ian Brackenbury CB, Trustee for Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust said “the board of trustees is committed to the Charity’s objects of saving lives. We concluded the AW169 will provide the best platform for our clinical crews to do their job in the future”.
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019