UK based Specialist Aviation Services is delighted to announce that it has been selected as the preferred bidder by Cornwall Air Ambulance to provide an AW169 EMS under a ten year contract starting in 2019.
The decision follows a competitive tendering process carried out by Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust ahead of the end of the existing contract with SAS and which will replace the MD902 Explorer operation based at the Charity’s Newquay Airport HQ.
Chosen by the Charity as its “Next Generation Helicopter”, the AW169 will deliver greater overall safety, performance & range and will be customised with a fully adaptable SAS medical interior, providing a spacious, bright cabin, easy loading and all round patient access.
SAS is already operating four AW169 EMS, with further aircraft entering service in the new year. This award brings the number of AW169’s so far confirmed for UK service by SAS to a total of nine helicopters.
Learning of the award, Henk Schaeken, SAS Managing Director stated “I am confident the AW169 will provide the Charity with the best air ambulance solution available for many, many years to come.”
Paula Martin, Chief Executive for the Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust said “everyone at the Charity is excited about the benefits the AW169 will bring to the patient. We now look forward to the next steps and formalising our decision in the coming weeks”.
Ian Brackenbury CB, Trustee for Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust said “the board of trustees is committed to the Charity’s objects of saving lives. We concluded the AW169 will provide the best platform for our clinical crews to do their job in the future”.
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas