Trakka Systems is proud to announce that Leonardo Helicopters has selected the new TrakkaBeam TLX high-intensity, high power searchlight for the AW169 helicopters chosen by the Norwegian Police Directorate as their new law enforcement helicopter type following the recent tender for their helicopter service modernisation programme. The contract will include three aircraft, with an option for a further three units, and a 10-year maintenance package.
The aircraft will enable the Norwegian Police to enhance its capabilities and readiness to counter threats including terrorism.
The AW169s will perform a range of tasks including observation, surveillance, special operations team transport and airborne sniping to counter terrorism and other crimes, ensuring high versatility with quick and easy reconfiguration between roles.
The TLX high-intensity, high power searchlight is the latest model in the Trakka Systems range. Complementing the proven work-horse A800, the TLX is a premier product offering more performance, features and functionality in the same form-factor. The TLX provides a massive 25% increase in light intensity across the beam, while requiring an 11% lower power draw. With the characteristic TrakkaBeam full and uniform edge-to-edge light-spread across the beam diameter, the TLX leads the industry for total beam brightness, clarity and control. It also offers an industry-first optional dual sensor TI/TV co-located camera payload for enhanced day/night situational awareness, together with Trakka’s unique internal multispectral filter wheel. Coupled with the new LOS Inertial Hold function, TLX greatly enhances day/night situational awareness and mission capabilities, and is particularly useful for helicopters deploying armed counter-terrorist response teams.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO