Trakka Systems is proud to announce that Leonardo Helicopters has selected the new TrakkaBeam TLX high-intensity, high power searchlight for the AW169 helicopters chosen by the Norwegian Police Directorate as their new law enforcement helicopter type following the recent tender for their helicopter service modernisation programme. The contract will include three aircraft, with an option for a further three units, and a 10-year maintenance package.
The aircraft will enable the Norwegian Police to enhance its capabilities and readiness to counter threats including terrorism.
The AW169s will perform a range of tasks including observation, surveillance, special operations team transport and airborne sniping to counter terrorism and other crimes, ensuring high versatility with quick and easy reconfiguration between roles.
The TLX high-intensity, high power searchlight is the latest model in the Trakka Systems range. Complementing the proven work-horse A800, the TLX is a premier product offering more performance, features and functionality in the same form-factor. The TLX provides a massive 25% increase in light intensity across the beam, while requiring an 11% lower power draw. With the characteristic TrakkaBeam full and uniform edge-to-edge light-spread across the beam diameter, the TLX leads the industry for total beam brightness, clarity and control. It also offers an industry-first optional dual sensor TI/TV co-located camera payload for enhanced day/night situational awareness, together with Trakka’s unique internal multispectral filter wheel. Coupled with the new LOS Inertial Hold function, TLX greatly enhances day/night situational awareness and mission capabilities, and is particularly useful for helicopters deploying armed counter-terrorist response teams.
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue