Trakka Systems is proud to announce that Leonardo Helicopters has selected the new TrakkaBeam TLX high-intensity, high power searchlight for the AW169 helicopters chosen by the Norwegian Police Directorate as their new law enforcement helicopter type following the recent tender for their helicopter service modernisation programme. The contract will include three aircraft, with an option for a further three units, and a 10-year maintenance package.
The aircraft will enable the Norwegian Police to enhance its capabilities and readiness to counter threats including terrorism.
The AW169s will perform a range of tasks including observation, surveillance, special operations team transport and airborne sniping to counter terrorism and other crimes, ensuring high versatility with quick and easy reconfiguration between roles.
The TLX high-intensity, high power searchlight is the latest model in the Trakka Systems range. Complementing the proven work-horse A800, the TLX is a premier product offering more performance, features and functionality in the same form-factor. The TLX provides a massive 25% increase in light intensity across the beam, while requiring an 11% lower power draw. With the characteristic TrakkaBeam full and uniform edge-to-edge light-spread across the beam diameter, the TLX leads the industry for total beam brightness, clarity and control. It also offers an industry-first optional dual sensor TI/TV co-located camera payload for enhanced day/night situational awareness, together with Trakka’s unique internal multispectral filter wheel. Coupled with the new LOS Inertial Hold function, TLX greatly enhances day/night situational awareness and mission capabilities, and is particularly useful for helicopters deploying armed counter-terrorist response teams.
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139