UK based operator and authorised Leonardo service centre – Specialist Aviation Services – is pleased to announce its plans to extend its Leonardo support capability.
SAS has spent five years developing a close working relationship with Leonardo Helicopters and building its technical expertise supporting the entry into service of the AW169 in the UK.
It has also invested heavily in a unique and highly effective 24/7 field maintenance and spares support capability, designed to maximise the availability of its demanding market place.
With twelve aircraft ordered, six of which are now delivered, SAS is already achieving the very highest levels of service availability which its third party private AW169 customers in and around Europe are also able to tap into.
As Nigel Lemon, SAS Sales Director puts it – “We see a real opportunity to expand our support to more types in this area and are looking to take advantage of our strong working relationship with Leonardo and the commonality within the AgustaWestland Family product range”.
In addition to the large team of base engineers, SAS field engineers are all licensed on the AW169 and are now undergoing their AW139 training.
SAS is also setting up a Service Centre at Redhill. It plans to have the Redhill facility approved for both the AW169 & AW139 and operational before the end of the year.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards