UK based operator and authorised Leonardo service centre – Specialist Aviation Services – is pleased to announce its plans to extend its Leonardo support capability.
SAS has spent five years developing a close working relationship with Leonardo Helicopters and building its technical expertise supporting the entry into service of the AW169 in the UK.
It has also invested heavily in a unique and highly effective 24/7 field maintenance and spares support capability, designed to maximise the availability of its demanding market place.
With twelve aircraft ordered, six of which are now delivered, SAS is already achieving the very highest levels of service availability which its third party private AW169 customers in and around Europe are also able to tap into.
As Nigel Lemon, SAS Sales Director puts it – “We see a real opportunity to expand our support to more types in this area and are looking to take advantage of our strong working relationship with Leonardo and the commonality within the AgustaWestland Family product range”.
In addition to the large team of base engineers, SAS field engineers are all licensed on the AW169 and are now undergoing their AW139 training.
SAS is also setting up a Service Centre at Redhill. It plans to have the Redhill facility approved for both the AW169 & AW139 and operational before the end of the year.
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet