UK based operator and authorised Leonardo service centre – Specialist Aviation Services – is pleased to announce its plans to extend its Leonardo support capability.
SAS has spent five years developing a close working relationship with Leonardo Helicopters and building its technical expertise supporting the entry into service of the AW169 in the UK.
It has also invested heavily in a unique and highly effective 24/7 field maintenance and spares support capability, designed to maximise the availability of its demanding market place.
With twelve aircraft ordered, six of which are now delivered, SAS is already achieving the very highest levels of service availability which its third party private AW169 customers in and around Europe are also able to tap into.
As Nigel Lemon, SAS Sales Director puts it – “We see a real opportunity to expand our support to more types in this area and are looking to take advantage of our strong working relationship with Leonardo and the commonality within the AgustaWestland Family product range”.
In addition to the large team of base engineers, SAS field engineers are all licensed on the AW169 and are now undergoing their AW139 training.
SAS is also setting up a Service Centre at Redhill. It plans to have the Redhill facility approved for both the AW169 & AW139 and operational before the end of the year.
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate
- UK MoD details Sea King asbestos risk – and how to claim
- Schiebel doubles Camcopter S-100 production capacity
- Aspen Avionics Names Vice President of Operations
- Association of Air Ambulances Charity relaunches as Air Ambulances UK
- Arts Council renews Helicopter Museum Accreditation
- Able Breaks Ground on Major Mesa
- Donaldson appoints Account Executive for Rotorcraft
- BLADE Launches Urban Air Mobility Pilot Program
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- AAMS responds to CNN article on air ambulance pricing
- Saskatchewan renews 10 year STARS funding contract
- Managing Director at Babcock and HeliOffshore board member shares thoughts on safety
- Garmin® awarded supplier of the year by Airbus Helicopters
- UK AAIB Bulletin – December 2018
- Nepalese Army receives Bell 407GXP