UK based operator and authorised Leonardo service centre – Specialist Aviation Services – is pleased to announce its plans to extend its Leonardo support capability.
SAS has spent five years developing a close working relationship with Leonardo Helicopters and building its technical expertise supporting the entry into service of the AW169 in the UK.
It has also invested heavily in a unique and highly effective 24/7 field maintenance and spares support capability, designed to maximise the availability of its demanding market place.
With twelve aircraft ordered, six of which are now delivered, SAS is already achieving the very highest levels of service availability which its third party private AW169 customers in and around Europe are also able to tap into.
As Nigel Lemon, SAS Sales Director puts it – “We see a real opportunity to expand our support to more types in this area and are looking to take advantage of our strong working relationship with Leonardo and the commonality within the AgustaWestland Family product range”.
In addition to the large team of base engineers, SAS field engineers are all licensed on the AW169 and are now undergoing their AW139 training.
SAS is also setting up a Service Centre at Redhill. It plans to have the Redhill facility approved for both the AW169 & AW139 and operational before the end of the year.
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $19M Contract for MV-22 and CV-22 Kits
- Sikorsky-Boeing SB>1 DEFIANT™ Helicopter Achieves First Flight
- Keystone Turbine Services Earns Two Rolls-Royce M250 Awards
- FlightSafety to add Advanced Energy Management – Rotorcraft course
- HealthNet EC145e to serve West Virginia
- Bell and Rolls-Royce Collaborate
- Sikorsky Recognizes County Of County of Los Angeles Fire Department
- CHC and Aberdeen University to embark on research partnership
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M