Leonardo announced today that the Polar Research Institute of China (PRIC) has purchased an AgustaWestland AW169 light intermediate helicopter. The aircraft, which is planned to be delivered in early 2019, will be provided with a dedicated configuration to support Chinese Polar Scientific Exploration Tasks and perform a range of roles including passenger transport, iceberg sighting, and cargo sling operations.
The contract was signed in the framework of the PRIC’s New Ice Breaker Ship-borne Helicopter Acquisition. The AW169 will be carrying out missions from the new ice breaker and close to the Chinese Polar Stations in the South and North Poles. The AW169 was selected thanks to its outstanding performance in demanding environmental conditions and state-of-the-art technologies such as touch-screen display, APU mode and Adaptive Variable Speed Rotor.
This latest order marks a further success in the global market for the type providing further evidence of its design versatility. The presence of Leonardo in China grows stronger with almost 200 helicopters sold to Chinese customers to date for commercial and public services. The growing fleet is supported by an increased customer support presence, recently enhanced by the opening of a major warehouse facility in Shanghai.
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual