Helibras / Airbus Helicopters have reached another important milestone in their history. In just six years of operation with the H225M (H-36) Caracal, the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) completed 10,000 flight hours with the aircraft. The model is part of the H-XBR agreement, signed in 2008, with the Ministry of Defense to supply 50 state-of-the-art helicopters to the Brazilian Armed Forces. 18 aircraft will be assigned to the FAB, of which 2 are from the Special Transport Group (GTE).
The 10,000-hour mark achieved by FAB was also made possible by the strong investment of Helibras in the expansion of its Support & Service capabilities, in order to keep the helicopters in constant availability.
The aircraft is the second of the Basic Plus version (CSAR). Credit Johnson Barros
“We are very happy to achieve this milestone. This is an important achievement, a result of the long partnership between Helibras, Armed Forces and the Ministry of Defense, as it shows commitment to the quality and safety of our products, “said Richard Marelli, president of Helibras.
The H225M, configured in the C-SAR version, is equipped with the EWS (Electronic Warfare System) system, as well as a set of auxiliary defense equipment with threat, laser and missile alert sensors. In addition to night-time capability and equipped with FLIR, it also features the unique PLS (Personnel Locator System) system for precise location during rescues, with encrypted information that provides mission-critical security and in-flight refueling capability helicopters can operate at great distances.
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager