Helibras / Airbus Helicopters have reached another important milestone in their history. In just six years of operation with the H225M (H-36) Caracal, the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) completed 10,000 flight hours with the aircraft. The model is part of the H-XBR agreement, signed in 2008, with the Ministry of Defense to supply 50 state-of-the-art helicopters to the Brazilian Armed Forces. 18 aircraft will be assigned to the FAB, of which 2 are from the Special Transport Group (GTE).
The 10,000-hour mark achieved by FAB was also made possible by the strong investment of Helibras in the expansion of its Support & Service capabilities, in order to keep the helicopters in constant availability.
The aircraft is the second of the Basic Plus version (CSAR). Credit Johnson Barros
“We are very happy to achieve this milestone. This is an important achievement, a result of the long partnership between Helibras, Armed Forces and the Ministry of Defense, as it shows commitment to the quality and safety of our products, “said Richard Marelli, president of Helibras.
The H225M, configured in the C-SAR version, is equipped with the EWS (Electronic Warfare System) system, as well as a set of auxiliary defense equipment with threat, laser and missile alert sensors. In addition to night-time capability and equipped with FLIR, it also features the unique PLS (Personnel Locator System) system for precise location during rescues, with encrypted information that provides mission-critical security and in-flight refueling capability helicopters can operate at great distances.
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident