The Yorkshire Air Ambulance are pleased to confirm the sale of their two MD902 Explorers, G-SASH and G-CEMS.
The distinctive yellow helicopters were used by the Charity for nearly 10 years as their air ambulances before they were replaced in late 2016 with two brand-new Airbus H145 models.
Both helicopters have been bought by Dutch-based Heli Delta BV, and have been sold with their full air ambulance fit out. Both helicopters will be exported to Europe.
Peter Sunderland, Chairman of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance commented “We are delighted that both G-SASH and G-CEMS have found a new home with Heli Delta BV. Both helicopters were a comforting sight in the skies of Yorkshire for ten years, and did a wonderful job for the people of Yorkshire during that period. They will be missed in Yorkshire but we are pleased to see them go to their new home and hope they will continue their faithful use to their new owners.”
The helicopters have been sold for an un-disclosed sum (in line with book value), and the deal was brokered by Leeds-Bradford based aviation company Multiflight. The monies from the sale will go towards the purchase cost of the two new Airbus H145 helicopters now owned and operated by the YAA.
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order