The Yorkshire Air Ambulance are pleased to confirm the sale of their two MD902 Explorers, G-SASH and G-CEMS.
The distinctive yellow helicopters were used by the Charity for nearly 10 years as their air ambulances before they were replaced in late 2016 with two brand-new Airbus H145 models.
Both helicopters have been bought by Dutch-based Heli Delta BV, and have been sold with their full air ambulance fit out. Both helicopters will be exported to Europe.
Peter Sunderland, Chairman of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance commented “We are delighted that both G-SASH and G-CEMS have found a new home with Heli Delta BV. Both helicopters were a comforting sight in the skies of Yorkshire for ten years, and did a wonderful job for the people of Yorkshire during that period. They will be missed in Yorkshire but we are pleased to see them go to their new home and hope they will continue their faithful use to their new owners.”
The helicopters have been sold for an un-disclosed sum (in line with book value), and the deal was brokered by Leeds-Bradford based aviation company Multiflight. The monies from the sale will go towards the purchase cost of the two new Airbus H145 helicopters now owned and operated by the YAA.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats