The Yorkshire Air Ambulance are pleased to confirm the sale of their two MD902 Explorers, G-SASH and G-CEMS.
The distinctive yellow helicopters were used by the Charity for nearly 10 years as their air ambulances before they were replaced in late 2016 with two brand-new Airbus H145 models.
Both helicopters have been bought by Dutch-based Heli Delta BV, and have been sold with their full air ambulance fit out. Both helicopters will be exported to Europe.
Peter Sunderland, Chairman of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance commented “We are delighted that both G-SASH and G-CEMS have found a new home with Heli Delta BV. Both helicopters were a comforting sight in the skies of Yorkshire for ten years, and did a wonderful job for the people of Yorkshire during that period. They will be missed in Yorkshire but we are pleased to see them go to their new home and hope they will continue their faithful use to their new owners.”
The helicopters have been sold for an un-disclosed sum (in line with book value), and the deal was brokered by Leeds-Bradford based aviation company Multiflight. The monies from the sale will go towards the purchase cost of the two new Airbus H145 helicopters now owned and operated by the YAA.
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024
- HAI announces candidates for election to Board of Directors
- Air Evac Lifeteam To Open Air Medical Base in Clarinda
- Embry-Riddle helicopter student wins Veterans Memorial scholarship
- Sikorsky awarded $9M contract for H-53 landing gear
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract