The Yorkshire Air Ambulance are pleased to confirm the sale of their two MD902 Explorers, G-SASH and G-CEMS.
The distinctive yellow helicopters were used by the Charity for nearly 10 years as their air ambulances before they were replaced in late 2016 with two brand-new Airbus H145 models.
Both helicopters have been bought by Dutch-based Heli Delta BV, and have been sold with their full air ambulance fit out. Both helicopters will be exported to Europe.
Peter Sunderland, Chairman of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance commented “We are delighted that both G-SASH and G-CEMS have found a new home with Heli Delta BV. Both helicopters were a comforting sight in the skies of Yorkshire for ten years, and did a wonderful job for the people of Yorkshire during that period. They will be missed in Yorkshire but we are pleased to see them go to their new home and hope they will continue their faithful use to their new owners.”
The helicopters have been sold for an un-disclosed sum (in line with book value), and the deal was brokered by Leeds-Bradford based aviation company Multiflight. The monies from the sale will go towards the purchase cost of the two new Airbus H145 helicopters now owned and operated by the YAA.
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- FAA approves five-blade Airbus H145
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- Brazil’s Federal Highway Police orders six AW119s
- Elbit win $96M Contract for a Rotary-Wing Mission Training Center
- Leonardo to add extra baggage pod to AW189
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts