The Yorkshire Air Ambulance are pleased to confirm the sale of their two MD902 Explorers, G-SASH and G-CEMS.
The distinctive yellow helicopters were used by the Charity for nearly 10 years as their air ambulances before they were replaced in late 2016 with two brand-new Airbus H145 models.
Both helicopters have been bought by Dutch-based Heli Delta BV, and have been sold with their full air ambulance fit out. Both helicopters will be exported to Europe.
Peter Sunderland, Chairman of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance commented “We are delighted that both G-SASH and G-CEMS have found a new home with Heli Delta BV. Both helicopters were a comforting sight in the skies of Yorkshire for ten years, and did a wonderful job for the people of Yorkshire during that period. They will be missed in Yorkshire but we are pleased to see them go to their new home and hope they will continue their faithful use to their new owners.”
The helicopters have been sold for an un-disclosed sum (in line with book value), and the deal was brokered by Leeds-Bradford based aviation company Multiflight. The monies from the sale will go towards the purchase cost of the two new Airbus H145 helicopters now owned and operated by the YAA.
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires
- Bristow names new CFO
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance receives COVID19 cash from Government
- Christoph 43 completes 570 missions in first half of 2020
- New head of police air unit for Brazilian state of Ceara
- ARNG Helicopter modernization project
- Whirly-Girls Announce New Instrument Rating Scholarship for Female Aviators for 2021
- SAFE awarded USAF contract for CH-53 maintenance platforms
- Austria orders the AW169M
- HSC-22 Receives First MQ-8C Firescout
- Neptune Energy extends contract with CHC Helicopters
- Baden-Württemberg police take on new fire-fighting role
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to feature in new TV series
- STARS to take over Lifeflight in Manitoba
- Volocopter offers reservations for commercial flights