Boeing’s delivery of the Helicopter Aircrew Training System (HATS) to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) continues to ramp up, with the final Airbus Helicopters EC135 T2+ aircraft arriving in Australia in late August.
The last aircraft delivery marks the completion of the training fleet for the program which will provide ab initio training to Royal Australian Navy and Australian Army students at HMAS Albatross in Nowra, New South Wales.
“The arrival of the final EC135 helicopter by our partner, Airbus, marks an important achievement as we prepare to accept the first Navy and Army trainees in mid-January 2018,” said Darryn Fletcher, program director for HATS. “We are now working with our partners to complete qualification of the simulators, finalise the training courses and complete the delivery of synthetic devices.”
Since being introduced to the program, the EC135 fleet has exceeded 1,200 hours of flying.
“Airbus Helicopters is proud that the ADF has taken delivery, through Boeing, of all 15 of their new EC135T2+ for their helicopter aircrew training system,” said Justin Weatherill, Airbus HATS Program Support Manager. “Airbus Helicopters is proud of the close working relationships that have developed between both companies to achieve this HATS program milestone,” said Weatherill.
The first conversion training course to upskill the Boeing and ADF instructors who will support the next generation of Australia’s future combat helicopter pilot and aircrew has now been completed.
“The training of the pilot and aircrew instructors is well underway, and Boeing are pleased with how live and synthetic training and materials has progressed,” said Fletcher.
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Universal Helicopters closes its doors after almost 60 years of operations
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada