Boeing’s delivery of the Helicopter Aircrew Training System (HATS) to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) continues to ramp up, with the final Airbus Helicopters EC135 T2+ aircraft arriving in Australia in late August.
The last aircraft delivery marks the completion of the training fleet for the program which will provide ab initio training to Royal Australian Navy and Australian Army students at HMAS Albatross in Nowra, New South Wales.
“The arrival of the final EC135 helicopter by our partner, Airbus, marks an important achievement as we prepare to accept the first Navy and Army trainees in mid-January 2018,” said Darryn Fletcher, program director for HATS. “We are now working with our partners to complete qualification of the simulators, finalise the training courses and complete the delivery of synthetic devices.”
Since being introduced to the program, the EC135 fleet has exceeded 1,200 hours of flying.
“Airbus Helicopters is proud that the ADF has taken delivery, through Boeing, of all 15 of their new EC135T2+ for their helicopter aircrew training system,” said Justin Weatherill, Airbus HATS Program Support Manager. “Airbus Helicopters is proud of the close working relationships that have developed between both companies to achieve this HATS program milestone,” said Weatherill.
The first conversion training course to upskill the Boeing and ADF instructors who will support the next generation of Australia’s future combat helicopter pilot and aircrew has now been completed.
“The training of the pilot and aircrew instructors is well underway, and Boeing are pleased with how live and synthetic training and materials has progressed,” said Fletcher.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet