[electronic translation] The decision has been taken: DRF Luftrettung will operate the air rescue station in Magdeburg for a further six years. This is the result of a Europe-wide re-tendering of the station carried out by the Landesverwaltungsamt Halle . The newly awarded concession for primary air rescue in Saxony-Anhalt applies for the period 01.01.2018 to 31.12.2023.
“We would like to thank the State Administration Office for the trust we have placed in us and look forward to continuing air rescue at our second air rescue station in Saxony-Anhalt – to Halle,” emphasizes Dr. Peter Huber, Chief Executive Officer of DRF Luftrettung. 679 operations in the first half of 2017 make it clear that the Magdeburg helicopter makes an important contribution to emergency medical care for people in the region.
The Magdeburger Luftrettungsstation is the homeland of “Christoph 36”, which is available from sunrise to sunset as a quick emergency service and for the transport of emergency patients in hospitals. He is staffed with a pilot, an emergency physician and a rescue assistant / emergency responder and after two minutes in the air. “The reassignment of the concession to the DRF Luftrettung is proof of the reliable work and the great commitment of our crews in Magdeburg,” rejoices Dr. Peter Huber.
New helicopter type comes
At the start of the new concession the station will put an aircraft of the latest generation into operation: One H 135. Only recently, the DRF Luftrettung received the first three machines of this type. The latest and more powerful version of the EC 135, which was previously used in Magdeburg, is distinguished by the highly modern cockpit with an avionics system and improved satellite navigation. A collision warning device, which supports the pilots on board in the airspace observation, as well as an obstacle warning device are also installed. DRF Luftrettung is pushing forward the generational change in its helicopters and underscores its intention to further promote the development of air rescue for the benefit of patients.
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management
- Jämtlandsflyg to seize operations
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for 407 i
- FAA Establishes Restrictions on Drone Operations over DOJ and DOD Facilities
- ESG offering Smart Mission Display for helicopters and mission aircraft
- Rosoboronexport Ready to Expand Cooperation
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 27,000th mission
- Airbus eDynamic troubleshooting tool
- Airbus Keycopter at Heli-Expo 2019
- 8 Golden Rules About Weather and Helicopter Flights
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces Facility Relocation and Expansion
- New Trustee for Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust
- UK EMS charities invited to bid for share of £10m funding
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Boeing Awarded $13M Contract for Qatar Armed Forces AH-64E Support
- Leonardo opens a new facility in Pisa
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 17-Feb-19 ZK- Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System