Presented annually at the Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC), the AAMS Community Awards recognize excellence and leadership in the emergency medical services (EMS) transport community. Airbus Helicopters Inc. continues to be a proud supporter of the awards.
“We believe it is important to recognize the EMS transport operators for their considerable contribution to our society. They are on call when it means the most – often when it is a matter of life or death – and for that they deserve recognition and accolades well beyond any award. These, however, are a small token of our appreciation for their continued efforts,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Airbus Helicopters Inc.
In particular, Airbus supports the Program of the Year, the Jim Charlson Safety Award and the Airbus Helicopters’ Vision Zero Aviation Safety Award. The 2017 winners include:
· Program of the Year – Life Link III – The award recognizes an EMS operator that has demonstrated a superior level of patient care, high-quality leadership with a commitment to innovation, and commitment to the medical transport community.
· Jim Charlson Safety Award – Krista Haugen, RN, MN, CEN (Med-Trans Corporation) – In recognition of an individual who has made a significant contribution to the overall enhancement, development or promotion of safety within the air transport community.
· Airbus Helicopters’ Vision Zero Aviation Safety Award – Life Link III’s Hospital Helipad Safety Video – Airbus Helicopter Inc.’s annual award for an initiative that aligns with the Vision Zero mission to provide free exchange of safety information.
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019