Our avionics team are yet again the first to install the Max-Viz 1400 Enhanced Vision System (EVS) to an aircraft type.
Last year we announced the very first install of the Max-Viz 1400 system to a rotary aircraft (AS 350B3), this time we are pleased to announce the completion of the first install on its twin-engined cousin, the AS 355N.
For those who don’t know what the Max-Viz 1400 EVS is, very simply, it is a thermal camera that provides pilots with increased visual clarity which therefore enhances the safety of the pilot and everyone on board. It provides pilots with an infrared image of their surroundings on a display system allowing them to see better during day or night as well as when flying through smoke, smog, and light fog.
The Max-Viz 1400 can use a number of different display systems to display the thermal imagery, this install is using the new Marco Blue NVG display.
More information in the Max-Viz 1400 EVS can be found here.
Both installs have been completed for the New Zealand helicopter operator, Skywork Helicopters who have chosen the Max-Viz product over autopilot to best manage risk for low-level operations whether that be during the day or night. With Skyworks operational capability including agriculture, forestry, precision lifting, fire support, power services, charter, filming and EMS, they required a system they can rely on and we as the Astronics Max-Viz agents here in New Zealand are glad to be supporting the use of the Max-Viz 1400 EVS in their aircraft. Skywork Helicopters have also ordered their 3rd system for installation on their second AS 350 B3, this too will include a Marco Blue NVG display.
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work