Our avionics team are yet again the first to install the Max-Viz 1400 Enhanced Vision System (EVS) to an aircraft type.
Last year we announced the very first install of the Max-Viz 1400 system to a rotary aircraft (AS 350B3), this time we are pleased to announce the completion of the first install on its twin-engined cousin, the AS 355N.
For those who don’t know what the Max-Viz 1400 EVS is, very simply, it is a thermal camera that provides pilots with increased visual clarity which therefore enhances the safety of the pilot and everyone on board. It provides pilots with an infrared image of their surroundings on a display system allowing them to see better during day or night as well as when flying through smoke, smog, and light fog.
The Max-Viz 1400 can use a number of different display systems to display the thermal imagery, this install is using the new Marco Blue NVG display.
More information in the Max-Viz 1400 EVS can be found here.
Both installs have been completed for the New Zealand helicopter operator, Skywork Helicopters who have chosen the Max-Viz product over autopilot to best manage risk for low-level operations whether that be during the day or night. With Skyworks operational capability including agriculture, forestry, precision lifting, fire support, power services, charter, filming and EMS, they required a system they can rely on and we as the Astronics Max-Viz agents here in New Zealand are glad to be supporting the use of the Max-Viz 1400 EVS in their aircraft. Skywork Helicopters have also ordered their 3rd system for installation on their second AS 350 B3, this too will include a Marco Blue NVG display.
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza