Our avionics team are yet again the first to install the Max-Viz 1400 Enhanced Vision System (EVS) to an aircraft type.
Last year we announced the very first install of the Max-Viz 1400 system to a rotary aircraft (AS 350B3), this time we are pleased to announce the completion of the first install on its twin-engined cousin, the AS 355N.
For those who don’t know what the Max-Viz 1400 EVS is, very simply, it is a thermal camera that provides pilots with increased visual clarity which therefore enhances the safety of the pilot and everyone on board. It provides pilots with an infrared image of their surroundings on a display system allowing them to see better during day or night as well as when flying through smoke, smog, and light fog.
The Max-Viz 1400 can use a number of different display systems to display the thermal imagery, this install is using the new Marco Blue NVG display.
More information in the Max-Viz 1400 EVS can be found here.
Both installs have been completed for the New Zealand helicopter operator, Skywork Helicopters who have chosen the Max-Viz product over autopilot to best manage risk for low-level operations whether that be during the day or night. With Skyworks operational capability including agriculture, forestry, precision lifting, fire support, power services, charter, filming and EMS, they required a system they can rely on and we as the Astronics Max-Viz agents here in New Zealand are glad to be supporting the use of the Max-Viz 1400 EVS in their aircraft. Skywork Helicopters have also ordered their 3rd system for installation on their second AS 350 B3, this too will include a Marco Blue NVG display.
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet