Lantana, Florida-based Palm Beach Helicopters has completed installation of a new TH22SM Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD) manufactured by ELITE Simulation Solutions (ELITE).
The TH22SM is a single-seat, single control trainer based on the Robinson R22 helicopter. The ELITE TH22 is available in four configurations and all models are FAA approved for IFR, Commercial, ATP, IPC and currency credits. The option chosen by Palm Beach Helicopters includes the optional 3 DOF (pitch, roll and heave) motion system.
Palm Beach Helicopters has incorporated the TH22SM into training programmes for private, instrument and commercial. The company’s President and Owner Dan Crowe stated, “Our instructors and students have already logged over 300 hours in this device and are thoroughly impressed with its value and capability. Recently incorporating PilotEdge live ATC further adds to the realism of simulator training.”
“Adding motion to the helicopter trainer adds significant training benefits to new students and even to experienced rotary wing pilots,” claimed ELITE Simulation Solutions’ President and CEO, John Dixon. “Motion cues plus the visual motion makes this the perfect autorotation trainer…from negative and positive ‘G’s’ on entry, flare and initial to the touchdown ground effects and contact.
“The high fidelity of this motion system makes it the perfect platform for learning to hover, practice hovering, autorotation, quick stops, confined areas, slope operations, pinnacle landings and running landings,” Dixon concluded.
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for 407 i
- FAA Establishes Restrictions on Drone Operations over DOJ and DOD Facilities
- ESG offering Smart Mission Display for helicopters and mission aircraft
- Rosoboronexport Ready to Expand Cooperation
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 27,000th mission
- Airbus eDynamic troubleshooting tool
- Airbus Keycopter at Heli-Expo 2019
- 8 Golden Rules About Weather and Helicopter Flights
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces Facility Relocation and Expansion
- New Trustee for Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust
- UK EMS charities invited to bid for share of £10m funding
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Boeing Awarded $13M Contract for Qatar Armed Forces AH-64E Support
- Leonardo opens a new facility in Pisa
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 17-Feb-19 ZK- Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years
- Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results