Trakka Systems is pleased to announce that it has received an EASA STC for the installation of the A800 searchlight onto the Bell 212 and 412 helicopter variants.
The Certification covers the integration of the Trakkabeam A800 searchlight, Pilot Control Interface Unit (PCIU) and Trakka Control Panel (TCP). The pilot or co-pilot can control the A800 via a new model DZUS mounted NVG certified TCP interfaced with the existing four-way switches on the helicopter’s collective control or via a pistol grip that can be operated by a crewman. The certification also includes an Amber filter option and all the interfaces for slaving the Trakkabeam A800 system to a variety of EO camera systems.
The installation utilizes the Aeronautical Accessories (AA) quick mount bracket with a bespoke interface wedge that keeps the A800 in the level plane when mounted, while the PCIU is mounted into the aft baggage bay allowing for easy new or retrofit equipment installations. Additional mounts such as the AA FLIR and Meeker nose mount will be added to the STC in future to offer operators a choice of mounting solutions.
- Air Methods Donates Aircraft to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters