Trakka Systems is pleased to announce that it has received an EASA STC for the installation of the A800 searchlight onto the Bell 212 and 412 helicopter variants.
The Certification covers the integration of the Trakkabeam A800 searchlight, Pilot Control Interface Unit (PCIU) and Trakka Control Panel (TCP). The pilot or co-pilot can control the A800 via a new model DZUS mounted NVG certified TCP interfaced with the existing four-way switches on the helicopter’s collective control or via a pistol grip that can be operated by a crewman. The certification also includes an Amber filter option and all the interfaces for slaving the Trakkabeam A800 system to a variety of EO camera systems.
The installation utilizes the Aeronautical Accessories (AA) quick mount bracket with a bespoke interface wedge that keeps the A800 in the level plane when mounted, while the PCIU is mounted into the aft baggage bay allowing for easy new or retrofit equipment installations. Additional mounts such as the AA FLIR and Meeker nose mount will be added to the STC in future to offer operators a choice of mounting solutions.
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135