BC Helicopters will soon take delivery of a second Guimbal Cabri G2 from the factory in France, with arrival at their Abbotsford base expected just before Christmas to add to their first example which arrived at the start of this year. This second aircraft demonstrates their confidence in the type and a gradual fleet expansion – and it painted in a bright green colour as seen in the accompanying photo. Delivery of this helicopter will mark the seventh Cabri in Canada, with other operators Ottawa Aviation Services, Synergy Aviation and HelicoPro also flying the French composite two-seater.
Currently flying their first Cabri G2 alongside a Robinson R44, BC Helicopters will shortly be adding their first turbine with a Robinson R66 Turbine expected to complete all its paperwork this week. The BC fleet has transitioned this year with the disposal of a Schweizer S300 in August. By January 2018, BC will be flying both Cabris alongside their R44 and R66 – all for a mix of training and charter work.
In May 2017, Guimbal confirmed to HeliHub.com that BC Helicopters had been appointed the distributor for the province of British Columbia in Canada. BC Helicopters were the first operator of the type in Canada, and they have been joined with a second example being operated by Synergy Aviation. BC Helicopters is initially not restricted to British Columbia either, and has the freedom to sell throughout Canada until other distributors are appointed in other provinces.
Company director Mischa Gelb has been recording the progress of BC’s Cabri G2 on his YouTube channel Pilot Yellow a channel which also exploits the amazing range of scenery within easy flying of their Abbotsford base. Brother and co-owner Sancho Gelb is head engineer, and has found that the Cabri G2’s design means that maintenance is very straightforward and easy. Both are very impressed to the safety levels built in to the G2, and told HeliHub.com earlier this year that they believe it “far exceeds safety ratings of any other helicopter in its class”.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- 31-Jan-19 F-HRCR Guimbal G2 Pierrevert, France
- Cabri G2 delivered by new UK distributor HeliGroup
- Guimbal appoints distributor in Canada
- UK distributor launches Guimbal Centre of Excellence
- UK Guimbal distributor expands with new investment
- BC Helicopters to be first Canadian operator of Guimbal Cabri G2
- UK Cabri G2 fleet is largest in the world
- Helicentre Cabri G2 Fleet Increases to Six
- New prototype on the ramp at Guimbal
- 30-Oct-16 ZK-IZR Guimbal Cabri G2 Tarras, New Zealand
- DCNS and Airbus join forces for French Naval drone requirement
- Latest British Cabri G2 is first with Aspen Avionics panel
- Two more Guimbal Cabri G2s arrive in US
- Cotswold launches Guimbal Cabri G2 ground handling trolley
- Helicentre Aviation opens Florida Cabri G2 operation
- UK – Elite Helicopters to open second base
- Cotswold Helicopter Centre and Gama Aviation name Fairoaks base manager
- Helicentre Aviation launches 2017 Scholarship Programme
- Coptering adds second Cabri G2 to cope with training demand
- Cotswold Helicopter Centre in Cabri G2 JV with Gama Aviation