BC Helicopters will soon take delivery of a second Guimbal Cabri G2 from the factory in France, with arrival at their Abbotsford base expected just before Christmas to add to their first example which arrived at the start of this year. This second aircraft demonstrates their confidence in the type and a gradual fleet expansion – and it painted in a bright green colour as seen in the accompanying photo. Delivery of this helicopter will mark the seventh Cabri in Canada, with other operators Ottawa Aviation Services, Synergy Aviation and HelicoPro also flying the French composite two-seater.
Currently flying their first Cabri G2 alongside a Robinson R44, BC Helicopters will shortly be adding their first turbine with a Robinson R66 Turbine expected to complete all its paperwork this week. The BC fleet has transitioned this year with the disposal of a Schweizer S300 in August. By January 2018, BC will be flying both Cabris alongside their R44 and R66 – all for a mix of training and charter work.
In May 2017, Guimbal confirmed to HeliHub.com that BC Helicopters had been appointed the distributor for the province of British Columbia in Canada. BC Helicopters were the first operator of the type in Canada, and they have been joined with a second example being operated by Synergy Aviation. BC Helicopters is initially not restricted to British Columbia either, and has the freedom to sell throughout Canada until other distributors are appointed in other provinces.
Company director Mischa Gelb has been recording the progress of BC’s Cabri G2 on his YouTube channel Pilot Yellow a channel which also exploits the amazing range of scenery within easy flying of their Abbotsford base. Brother and co-owner Sancho Gelb is head engineer, and has found that the Cabri G2’s design means that maintenance is very straightforward and easy. Both are very impressed to the safety levels built in to the G2, and told HeliHub.com earlier this year that they believe it “far exceeds safety ratings of any other helicopter in its class”.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- 08-Dec-20 D-HTAT Guimbal G2 Speyer, Germany
- 11-Nov-20 HB-ZVN Guimbal G2 Sion, Switzerland
- 08-Nov-20 9M-HCB Guimbal G2 Taman Melawati, Malaysia (2F)
- 08-Nov-20 9M-HCA Guimbal G2 Taman Melawati, Malaysia
- 30-Sep-20 N250Z Guimbal G2 Bentonville, US-Arkansas
- 18-Sep-20 VH-LTO Guimbal G2 Caloundra, Australia
- Guimbal introduces new updates for Cabri G2
- 21-Jan-20 N715RK Guimbal G2 Independence, US-Iowa
- 05-Dec-19 N797NA Guimbal G2 Washington, US-Missouri
- 04-May-19 N572MD Guimbal Cabri G2 Kent Island, US-Maryland (2F)
- 31-Jan-19 F-HRCR Guimbal G2 Pierrevert, France
- Cabri G2 delivered by new UK distributor HeliGroup
- Guimbal appoints distributor in Canada
- UK distributor launches Guimbal Centre of Excellence
- UK Guimbal distributor expands with new investment
- BC Helicopters to be first Canadian operator of Guimbal Cabri G2
- UK Cabri G2 fleet is largest in the world
- Helicentre Cabri G2 Fleet Increases to Six
- New prototype on the ramp at Guimbal
- 30-Oct-16 ZK-IZR Guimbal Cabri G2 Tarras, New Zealand