German operator Northern HeliCopter has won a six year contract in support of the Wikinger offshore wind farm. The installation is 75km off the Island of Rügen, and will consist of 70 Adwen 5MW turbines and one offshore substation with a helideck. Spanish owned engergy company Iberdrola is investing €1.4 billion to construct Wikinger, the company’s first offshore windfarm in German waters. Wikinger is scheduled to be fully operational by the end of this year.
Flights will be operated on a call-off basis, allowing Iberdrola flexibility. Northern HeliCopter will fly up to 10 passenger per flight in one of their EC155s from a base at Güttin airport.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team