Mexico’s Directorate General of Civil Aeronautics (DGAC) approved the Offshore and Utility Type Certificate for the Sikorsky S-92® helicopter. The certificate enables the operation of S-92 helicopters in Mexico, in all production configurations including offshore oil and gas transportation, search and rescue, as well as regional airline passenger service and VIP transportation.
DGAC signed the certificate Nov. 6, capping an intensive three-year effort to introduce the S-92 helicopter manufactured by Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT), to Mexico.
“Sikorsky has been excited to watch the evolution of the offshore oil and gas industry in Mexico,” said Sikorsky Vice President, Oil & Gas, David Martin. “As the industry expands into new territory, safe and reliable offshore transportation will ensure they remain on schedule and on budget. With this new certification of the S-92 aircraft, operators and oil and gas companies can select a true heavy helicopter that has the proven reliability and safety to support their success.”
“This moves us another step forward in our overall Latin America strategy,” said Sikorsky Vice President, Latin America, Adam Schierholz. “The region has long had faith in Sikorsky products, specifically the Black Hawk. It’s a natural progression, as oil markets expand in Mexico and Colombia that the S-92 would start to play a prominent role in that sector.”
The S-92 was certified in Colombia in November 2016.
Sikorsky has delivered nearly 300 S-92 helicopters since 2004. With a best-in-class safety record and industry-leading dispatch availability, the multi-mission S-92 aircraft is the preferred aircraft of its size class for offshore oil worker transportation. These helicopters also perform search and rescue missions, head of state missions, and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President