Falcon Aviation and Airbus Helicopters have signed a new MoU at the Dubai airshow expanding their commitment to the H160 adding three additional helicopters to the original Letter Of Intent (LOI) signed in May 2016.
“We took the decision to increase our request following a flight demonstration where we got the opportunity to test the H160’s excellent passenger flight experience first-hand” said Capt. Raman Oberoi, COO of Falcon Aviation. “The H160 definitely meets our demanding standards for VIP travelling in terms of comfort” he added.
“We are proud that Falcon Aviation has chosen to confirm its trust placed into our latest product” said Timothee Cargill, Senior Vice President and Head of Middle East and Africa at Airbus Helicopters. “We are sure that the H160’s high level of innovation providing unrivalled comfort with low sound levels and excellent stability alongside its exclusive interior design will be an asset to Falcon Aviation’s operations,” he added.
The H160, with three prototypes now in flight testing, is currently preparing certification and entry into service in 2019. The helicopter’s final assembly line in Marignane, France is also in the final stages of preparation and will be ready to start serial production shortly. Customer support activities are being developed in parallel thanks to the extensive involvement of maintenance teams, through the operator zero campaign, using the prototypes and test means to check and improve the maintenance plan, digital work cards and technical documentation, and tooling etc. ahead of actual operations.
The first version to enter service in 2019 will be the passenger transport one – commercial air transport or Oil and Gas, followed by the emergency medical services (EMS) version, with the VIP version scheduled for 2021.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet