Helicopter Foundation International (HFI), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, annually offers up to 19 scholarships to help support students studying to become part of tomorrow’s helicopter industry. If you meet the eligibility requirements listed below, HFI encourages you to apply at rotor.org/scholarships. We are here to help you achieve your dream!
Commercial Helicopter Pilot Rating Scholarship:
- Have a private helicopter license
- Be enrolled in a commercial helicopter pilot rating program at an FAA-approved Part 141 school or international equivalent
- Expect to receive your commercial helicopter pilot rating after January 1, 2018 (if you will receive your rating before this date, you are not eligible to apply).
Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Scholarship:
- Be about to graduate from an FAA-approved Part 147 aviation maintenance technician (AMT) school, or be a recent recipient (within the last two years) of an airframe and powerplant (A&P) certificate
- If you are a non-U.S. citizen, have your respective country’s FAA-equivalent tests completed andprovide proof of foreign citizenship.
Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship:
- Be enrolled in a maintenance technician certificate program at an FAA-approved Part 147 school or international equivalent
- Expect to receive your maintenance technician certificate after January 1, 2018 (if you will receive your certificate before this date, you are not eligible to apply).
Michelle North Scholarship for Safety:
- Have your commercial pilot rating
- Demonstrate an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices.
All applications must be submitted by midnight EST, November 30, 2017
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska