MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) proudly announces the delivery of a newly converted MD 902 Explorer to Springfield, Missouri-based CoxHealth. Previously operated by the Dutch Police and the United States Coast Guard as an MD 900, the aircraft was upgraded at MDHI’s Mesa, Arizona Factory Service Center via the company’s exclusive MD 900-to-902 Upgrade program, and delivered as a certified MD 902 with full factory warranty. The purchase of this helicopter, the second to join the CoxHealth family, was announced in April of this year.
“This helicopter is absolutely perfect for meeting our EMS/air ambulance needs,” said Susan Crum, RN, Cox Air Care Program Director. “Not only does the MD 902 offer excellent maneuverability and increased safety for our in-flight medical teams and the patients we serve, it also delivers unmatched reliability and low operating costs; allowing us to meet both patient care and operational objectives with ease.”
The MD 902, featuring MD Helicopters’ proprietary NOTAR® technology, offers improved safety, a larger cabin, smoother flight, and a reduced noise profile versus other helicopters in its class. This combination enables in-flight medical crews to safely deliver the critical care that could be the difference between life and death.
“Just as CoxHealth sets the standard for exceptional EMS/air ambulance service to the citizens of southwest Missouri, the MD 900/902 sets the standard in performance, affordability, dependability and safety in the global public safety arena,” said Andy Pillado, Vice President of Commercial & Military Sales for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We are proud of our partnership with CoxHealth and honored to be part of the continued growth of their network. We look forward to a long and healthy relationship with this incredibly passionate and professional healthcare team.”
CoxHealth first chose the MD Explorer as its EMS/air ambulance platform in 2007. With this latest acquisition, CoxHealth has standardized its growing fleet on the proven MD platform, reinforcing their commitment to deliver operational economies alongside improved patient care.
Crum concluded, “We are truly overwhelmed with how beautiful this aircraft is, and just cannot wait to get her home.”
The CoxHealth Air Care team has the option of having their newly certified MD 902 retrofit with MDHI’s advanced, all-glass cockpit featuring integrated Genesys Aerosystems’ Advanced IDU-680 displays. With the activation of this option, the CoxHealth team will become the first EMS/Air Medical MD 902 operator to field this advanced cockpit configuration.
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role
- Kaman to Deliver K-MAX® to Helicopter Express In 2019
- Inmarsat launches broadband solution for helicopters
- Shetland Coastguard team win UK award
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Golden Hour Award
- Safran Ardiden 1U engine obtains EASA certification
- Air Methods Celebrates the Accomplishments of Tulsa LifeFlight
- Alberta puts stop to firefighters rappelling from helicopters
- Port of Mangalore adds helipad for cruise ship services
- 10-Nov-19 N827MW Sikorsky S58 Lebanon, US-Indiana