One of East Anglian Air Ambulance’s (EAAA’s) founding members and aviation consultant, Gerry Hermer, received the Eric Brown Award at the British Helicopter Association (BHA) annual dinner this month.
Gerry’s drive and passion were behind the establishment of the air ambulance in East Anglia, and in the early years of EAAA his company Sterling Aviation provided the charity’s helicopters. Gerry also offered his first class flying expertise by regularly undertaking shifts as a pilot for EAAA. After his retirement from Sterling, Gerry then became the aviation consultant for EAAA, before retiring from the charity earlier this year.
The team at Babcock International nominated Gerry for this prestigious award. The ‘Eric Brown Award’ was established by the British Helicopter Advisory Board (the former name of the British helicopter Association) Council of Management in recognition of the outstanding service given by the late Captain E.M. Brown (who sadly passed away last year) to the helicopter industry while he was Chief Executive of the BHAB from 1968 until 1987. Among many accolades Eric was a British Royal Navy officer and test pilot who flew 487 types of aircraft, more than anyone else in history. He was also the most-decorated pilot in the history of the Royal Navy. These achievements show the gravity of the award, and the calibre of individuals that are nominated. The Award is made annually by the BHA to the individual whom they consider has made a significant contribution towards the helicopter industry.
The extent of Eric Brown’s service to the industry (and country) and his many achievements shows what an honour it is to win this award. Everyone at EAAA could not be more proud of Gerry for what he has achieved and we are incredibly grateful for everything he has done for EAAA and the aviation industry in general. We are delighted that he has received recognition of his service by receiving this award. What a way for Gerry to finish off his retirement year!
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit