Airbus Helicopters celebrated the tenth anniversary of its Albacete factory, underlining the essential role that the Spanish plant will play as part of the company’s new industrial strategy. The same day, a ceremony was presided in Albacete by the Spanish Minister of Defense, Maria Dolores de Cospedal, who took the opportunity to sign the handover certificate for two H215s to the Spanish Air Force’s 802 Squadron/RCC Canarias as well as two HAD/E Tigers and an NH90 for the Spanish Army Airmobile Force (FAMET).
Along with production sites in France and Germany, the Albacete plant will become a centre of excellence for the manufacture of major components assemblies, bringing increased quality and competitiveness as well as long-term visibility for the industrial activity in Albacete. The Spanish plant will specialize in the production and integration of the rear fuselages of all Airbus helicopters for the global market.
“We are especially proud of our 10-year presence in Spain and we want the country to be a key part of our shared project to maintain our status as the world’s leading helicopter manufacturer,” said Guillaume Faury, Airbus Helicopters CEO. “Adapting to the market situation, we have transformed our company to become more competitive and increased our industrial efficiency by specialising our production sites and expanding their competences,” he added.
Airbus Helicopters’ strategy in Spain also includes the creation of a National Support Centre that will support the helicopter fleets of the Spanish Ministry of Defense. In doing so, the centre will perform a similar role to existing sites in France and Germany.
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager