The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is pleased to announce the appointment of Richard Moriarty as its new Chief Executive.
Richard will succeed Andrew Haines, whose term of office is due to expire in the Summer of 2018, and was appointed following a rigorous selection process including a significant number of excellent candidates.
Richard re-joined the CAA in 2016 as Group Director of Consumers and Markets and Deputy Chief Executive. Prior to joining he was the Chief Executive at the Legal Services Board, which oversees the legal profession in England and Wales.
He has also held a number of senior public and private sector roles including, Affinity Water, the Social Housing Regulator, the Postal Services Commission and the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets.
Announcing the appointment, Dame Deirdre Hutton, Chair of the Civil Aviation Authority, said: “Following a thorough selection process that included a significant number of first class candidates, I am delighted to be able to announce the appointment of Richard Moriarty as the Chief Executive-designate of the CAA. Richard was the standout candidate throughout the process. His leadership qualities were recently further put to the test during the flying programme he led following Monarch Airlines entering into administration, where he clearly demonstrated his operational scope and capabilities. Richard has had the benefit of working closely with Andrew in two roles at the CAA and has shown that he has an excellent grasp of the wide and diverse issues our organisation manages on a daily basis. I know that everyone at the CAA joins me in warmly congratulating Richard on his appointment.”
Richard Moriarty said: “I am honoured and delighted to be asked to lead the CAA and build on the strong foundations laid by Andrew. We have a special responsibility to protect consumers and the broader public, whilst enabling the sustainable growth of an innovative and diverse industry that plays a vital role for our economy. I am looking forward to working closely with all those with an interest in shaping a successful future for UK aviation and the consumers it serves as we address the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.”
Commenting on the appointment, Andrew Haines said: “I am really pleased that Richard Moriarty has been appointed to take over as the CAA’s Chief Executive next year. Richard is an excellent choice and is someone who has proved his commitment and capabilities time after time while working at the CAA. I look forward to continuing to work closely with Richard during the coming months as we transition. I have loved my time at the CAA and still have much to do before I leave. I’ve had the chance to work with a fantastic group of people and I know that the organisation will continue to flourish with someone of Richard’s calibre at the helm.”
Dame Deirdre added, “Andrew Haines continues to be an outstanding Chief Executive and we are all grateful to him for the great work he has completed and continues to undertake on behalf of our organisation. Andrew will work closely with Richard to ensure a smooth transition in the months ahead.”
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support
- Eemshaven Heliport receives first flight
- MINT Turbines Names New General Manager
- Norwegian Government commits to rescue helicopter base at Tromso by 2022
- CIA Museum adds Mil MI-17 helicopter
- New hangar for Tuscaloosa Police
- REACH 6 celebrates 15 years of service
- UK to advise Kazakhstan on aviation regulation
- SEI Industries is a Finalist for the 2019 BC Export Awards
- UAVOS Unmanned Helicopter Robinson for Precision Farming