Light helicopter Ka-226T, developed by the holding “Russian Helicopters” (which is part of the Rostec State Corporation), has become a pilot project on the creation and production of helicopters through information technology. Digital manufacturing will greatly simplify the development of new modifications as well as upgrades and design changes according to the customer’s requirements. All new models and modifications of existing helicopters will be created on the same principle.
Ka-226T has become the first machine in the domestic helicopter construstion, the development of which has been conducted entirely in virtual space without use of paper media. This allowed to reduce by half risks and costs to the helicopter development as well as to the changes for the future upgrades.
The developer of the helicopter, JSC “Kamov”, has prepared a full set of the design documentation, including digital models of parts and assemblies, as well as three-dimensional models of completed helicopters. At the moment, within the project implementation, the design bureau and serial production at the Ulan-Ude aviation plant received a single information system with an online connection. Thus, the company has not only a 24-hour access to the relevant design documents, but also an ability to contact the developer for discussing models in relation to the specificity of production. In the future the single system will allow all project participants to monitor and control the production of helicopters at every stage.
“Project Ka-226T is the first experience for holding enterprises to create a new helicopter modification by using only software. The digitalization has reduced the machine development time, and, through the creation of 3D models, has improved accuracy of the component parts and units of the helicopter development. That has helped to create a modern and high quality machine, cumulative performance and other characteristics of which substantially superior to Western counterparts,” – said General Director of the holding “Russian Helicopters” Andrey Boginsky.
Light utility helicopter Ka-226T, developed by JSC “Kamov”, has been built on a modular scheme and has a wide range of applications. It will become the first helicopter designed and manufactured completely by the holding structures with the help of digital manufacturing. According to its cumulative characteristics, environmental friendliness and efficiency, Ka-226T is much superior to foreign analogues. The coaxial scheme with centerline bearing screws and an absence of tail rotor in design does not only increase safety, but also allows to operate the helicopter in small spaces. Operating temperature range of Ka-226T varies from -50°C to +50°C. In addition, the helicopter does not require hangar storage.
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- The Cabri G2 received its validation from Russia
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands