We are proud to introduce a new operating model for the provision of its advanced medical care in 2018.
Next year will be a pivotal year in our history, as we take responsibility for our clinical governance. We are also providing an expansion to the provision of advanced critical care across the Thames Valley.
We are very fortunate to be an incredibly well supported charity. As a charity, we are committed to enhancing patient care through innovation, research and continued training of our clinical team.
Over the last few years, the specialism of Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine (PHEM) has developed both regionally and nationally. The development of PHEM has changed the access all patients receive to healthcare, be it acute, chronic or immediate.
We have worked with South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS) to enhance the care provided to the most immediate and critically injured patients. Improvements include, the addition of doctors onboard, on scene blood transfusions, rapid diagnosis, and the ability to perform emergency surgical procedures on the roadside.
We have worked hard to improve access and availability. However, this is becoming an increasing challenge in times of heightened financial pressure on the NHS.
Over the last few months, we have worked to identify a solution that will us to continue to expand and enhance the vital service across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire.
Amanda McLean, CEO explains, “Thanks to the generous support TVAA receive from the public, we are now in a position to move to a new operating model. We will be able to assume responsibility for clinical governance and the delivery of advanced critical care across the Thames Valley.
We will continue to work closely with SCAS to deliver the highest level of care to patients by bringing the expertise of the hospital to the roadside”.
Dr Syed Masud, Medical Director, said, “TVAA are delighted to have been able to reach this point. We are confident that this future model will allow us to continue to enhance the critical care service to meet the need of the public that we serve”.
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work