Wales Air Ambulance has been recognised for a second year running at the national Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence in London.
The Special Incident Award was won by the helicopter charity for an incident involving serious trauma. The accolade was presented to consultant Dr Tim Rogerson, critical care practioner Rhyan Curtin, pilot Andy Iceton and other colleagues during the ceremony in London on November 13.
The Welsh Flying Medics, part of the EMRTS Cymru team which flies on board the charity’s helicopters, were awarded the accolade in recognition of the challenging incident they attended.
The prestigious award, which was also won by the charity in 2016 for a major trauma incident, was organised by the Air Ambulance Association. The awards are independently judged and recognise the outstanding work carried out by air ambulance crews.
Dr Tim Rogerson said: “It was a real honour to be nominated and shortlisted for this award against stiff competition from excellent air ambulance services across the UK. As a team, we were delighted and humbled to win the award.
“The successful outcome was the result of a team effort including the Welsh Ambulance Service and clinicians at the receiving hospital. We couldn’t be happier the patient continues to make a great recovery.”
Wales Air Ambulance CEO Angela Hughes said: “We are incredibly proud of the team for winning this prestigious award, especially for the second time. What the they managed is truly amazing, and to be able to fly the patient to the care needed in 23 minutes, a journey which would take at least 90 minutes by road, shows how essential the service is”.
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Rotex Helicopter to take delivery of new KMax in Q4
- Volocopter raises 50 million Euros in C round funding
- UTair Engineering picks AMOS MRO software
- PHi exits Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Volocopter completes integration tests at Helsinki Airport
- Helicopter pilot appointed new Station Commander at RAF Odiham