Wales Air Ambulance has been recognised for a second year running at the national Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence in London.
The Special Incident Award was won by the helicopter charity for an incident involving serious trauma. The accolade was presented to consultant Dr Tim Rogerson, critical care practioner Rhyan Curtin, pilot Andy Iceton and other colleagues during the ceremony in London on November 13.
The Welsh Flying Medics, part of the EMRTS Cymru team which flies on board the charity’s helicopters, were awarded the accolade in recognition of the challenging incident they attended.
The prestigious award, which was also won by the charity in 2016 for a major trauma incident, was organised by the Air Ambulance Association. The awards are independently judged and recognise the outstanding work carried out by air ambulance crews.
Dr Tim Rogerson said: “It was a real honour to be nominated and shortlisted for this award against stiff competition from excellent air ambulance services across the UK. As a team, we were delighted and humbled to win the award.
“The successful outcome was the result of a team effort including the Welsh Ambulance Service and clinicians at the receiving hospital. We couldn’t be happier the patient continues to make a great recovery.”
Wales Air Ambulance CEO Angela Hughes said: “We are incredibly proud of the team for winning this prestigious award, especially for the second time. What the they managed is truly amazing, and to be able to fly the patient to the care needed in 23 minutes, a journey which would take at least 90 minutes by road, shows how essential the service is”.
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director