MAAC was recently named the winner of the Campaign of the Year category at the Association of Air Ambulances’ Awards of Excellence 2017.
The organisation’s 25th anniversary year, Air25, was chosen by the judging panel as the winning campaign, which ran throughout 2016. The charity team demonstrated excellent levels of engagement with loyal supporters and fundraisers through over 420 dedicated features in the media and increased attendance at charity events by 200 per cent.
In addition, the charity’s air operations manager, Becky Steele, was highly commended in the chairman’s award for her services to the Association of Air Ambulances as chair of the operations committee.
The awards ceremony was hosted by BBC News reporter and presenter, Sophie Long, and Helicopter Heroes presenter, Rav Wilding. Together they presented 12 awards in total, to deserving clinicians, pilots, fundraisers and young supporters.
Jason Levy, fundraising and marketing director for Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, said: “Air25 was an incredibly successful year for the charity. Over 42,000 people attended our events, and we raised additional funds to enable us to place an order for a wholly-owned H145 helicopter to support the future of air operations and patient care in our region. This wouldn’t have been possible without the terrific commitment of our donors, so this award is for each and every one of them.”
Chair of the Judging Panel, Jim Fitzpatrick MP, said: “Every year at these awards, we hear about ordinary people doing simply extraordinary things and this year was no exception. I’d like to offer my most sincere congratulations to all the nominees, but especially the winners.”
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade