MAAC was recently named the winner of the Campaign of the Year category at the Association of Air Ambulances’ Awards of Excellence 2017.
The organisation’s 25th anniversary year, Air25, was chosen by the judging panel as the winning campaign, which ran throughout 2016. The charity team demonstrated excellent levels of engagement with loyal supporters and fundraisers through over 420 dedicated features in the media and increased attendance at charity events by 200 per cent.
In addition, the charity’s air operations manager, Becky Steele, was highly commended in the chairman’s award for her services to the Association of Air Ambulances as chair of the operations committee.
The awards ceremony was hosted by BBC News reporter and presenter, Sophie Long, and Helicopter Heroes presenter, Rav Wilding. Together they presented 12 awards in total, to deserving clinicians, pilots, fundraisers and young supporters.
Jason Levy, fundraising and marketing director for Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, said: “Air25 was an incredibly successful year for the charity. Over 42,000 people attended our events, and we raised additional funds to enable us to place an order for a wholly-owned H145 helicopter to support the future of air operations and patient care in our region. This wouldn’t have been possible without the terrific commitment of our donors, so this award is for each and every one of them.”
Chair of the Judging Panel, Jim Fitzpatrick MP, said: “Every year at these awards, we hear about ordinary people doing simply extraordinary things and this year was no exception. I’d like to offer my most sincere congratulations to all the nominees, but especially the winners.”
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- HENSOLDT enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 opens in French city of Nîmes
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique