MAAC was recently named the winner of the Campaign of the Year category at the Association of Air Ambulances’ Awards of Excellence 2017.
The organisation’s 25th anniversary year, Air25, was chosen by the judging panel as the winning campaign, which ran throughout 2016. The charity team demonstrated excellent levels of engagement with loyal supporters and fundraisers through over 420 dedicated features in the media and increased attendance at charity events by 200 per cent.
In addition, the charity’s air operations manager, Becky Steele, was highly commended in the chairman’s award for her services to the Association of Air Ambulances as chair of the operations committee.
The awards ceremony was hosted by BBC News reporter and presenter, Sophie Long, and Helicopter Heroes presenter, Rav Wilding. Together they presented 12 awards in total, to deserving clinicians, pilots, fundraisers and young supporters.
Jason Levy, fundraising and marketing director for Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, said: “Air25 was an incredibly successful year for the charity. Over 42,000 people attended our events, and we raised additional funds to enable us to place an order for a wholly-owned H145 helicopter to support the future of air operations and patient care in our region. This wouldn’t have been possible without the terrific commitment of our donors, so this award is for each and every one of them.”
Chair of the Judging Panel, Jim Fitzpatrick MP, said: “Every year at these awards, we hear about ordinary people doing simply extraordinary things and this year was no exception. I’d like to offer my most sincere congratulations to all the nominees, but especially the winners.”
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing