The Belgian Federal Police are to acquire a fifth MD Explorer after buying a pre-owned aircraft from a local operator.
The force started their journey with MD Helicopters in 1997 when they put three MD900 Explorers to work, supplementing these two years later with a pair of two single engine MD520s. They then added a fourth MD Explorer in 2010 after buying a low-hour example in the market from Denmark.
This latest acquisition has been bought from Belgian based operator NHV, who previously operated it in France on an air ambulance contract. It is a 2009 build with serial 900-00137, and will need an extensive conversion to its new law enforcement role before flying as “G-17” in due course. NHV are increasingly focusing on offshore operations, but do still have three other MD Explorers in their fleet.
The Belgian Police also operate two Cessna 182 fixed wing and are involved in the operation of a further law enforcement MD Explorer for the Luxembourg Police.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit