The Belgian Federal Police are to acquire a fifth MD Explorer after buying a pre-owned aircraft from a local operator.
The force started their journey with MD Helicopters in 1997 when they put three MD900 Explorers to work, supplementing these two years later with a pair of two single engine MD520s. They then added a fourth MD Explorer in 2010 after buying a low-hour example in the market from Denmark.
This latest acquisition has been bought from Belgian based operator NHV, who previously operated it in France on an air ambulance contract. It is a 2009 build with serial 900-00137, and will need an extensive conversion to its new law enforcement role before flying as “G-17” in due course. NHV are increasingly focusing on offshore operations, but do still have three other MD Explorers in their fleet.
The Belgian Police also operate two Cessna 182 fixed wing and are involved in the operation of a further law enforcement MD Explorer for the Luxembourg Police.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- HENSOLDT enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 opens in French city of Nîmes
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- PHI enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection