The Belgian Federal Police are to acquire a fifth MD Explorer after buying a pre-owned aircraft from a local operator.
The force started their journey with MD Helicopters in 1997 when they put three MD900 Explorers to work, supplementing these two years later with a pair of two single engine MD520s. They then added a fourth MD Explorer in 2010 after buying a low-hour example in the market from Denmark.
This latest acquisition has been bought from Belgian based operator NHV, who previously operated it in France on an air ambulance contract. It is a 2009 build with serial 900-00137, and will need an extensive conversion to its new law enforcement role before flying as “G-17” in due course. NHV are increasingly focusing on offshore operations, but do still have three other MD Explorers in their fleet.
The Belgian Police also operate two Cessna 182 fixed wing and are involved in the operation of a further law enforcement MD Explorer for the Luxembourg Police.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center