The Belgian Federal Police are to acquire a fifth MD Explorer after buying a pre-owned aircraft from a local operator.
The force started their journey with MD Helicopters in 1997 when they put three MD900 Explorers to work, supplementing these two years later with a pair of two single engine MD520s. They then added a fourth MD Explorer in 2010 after buying a low-hour example in the market from Denmark.
This latest acquisition has been bought from Belgian based operator NHV, who previously operated it in France on an air ambulance contract. It is a 2009 build with serial 900-00137, and will need an extensive conversion to its new law enforcement role before flying as “G-17” in due course. NHV are increasingly focusing on offshore operations, but do still have three other MD Explorers in their fleet.
The Belgian Police also operate two Cessna 182 fixed wing and are involved in the operation of a further law enforcement MD Explorer for the Luxembourg Police.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet