The Belgian Federal Police are to acquire a fifth MD Explorer after buying a pre-owned aircraft from a local operator.
The force started their journey with MD Helicopters in 1997 when they put three MD900 Explorers to work, supplementing these two years later with a pair of two single engine MD520s. They then added a fourth MD Explorer in 2010 after buying a low-hour example in the market from Denmark.
This latest acquisition has been bought from Belgian based operator NHV, who previously operated it in France on an air ambulance contract. It is a 2009 build with serial 900-00137, and will need an extensive conversion to its new law enforcement role before flying as “G-17” in due course. NHV are increasingly focusing on offshore operations, but do still have three other MD Explorers in their fleet.
The Belgian Police also operate two Cessna 182 fixed wing and are involved in the operation of a further law enforcement MD Explorer for the Luxembourg Police.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf
- Kawasaki receives 5-blade H145 order from Thai corporate operator
- Arista wins five year $111M extension to UH-1 maintenance contract
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Garmin® GI 275 electronic flight instrument CDI/MFD ready for helicopter installations
- GPMS Foresight HUMS now active on B407GXi
- Leading Edge Aviation adds B407GX to fleet
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force