Crown Capital Partners Inc. (“Crown” or “the Corporation”) (TSX: CRWN), which provides growth capital to successful mid-market companies, today announced the closing of a $8.0 million term loan (the “Agreement”) with Canadian Helicopters Limited (“Canadian Helicopters”), which is part of the HNZ Group of Companies (“HNZ”) (TSX: HNZ), an international provider of helicopter transportation and related support services.
Canadian Helicopters is the largest helicopter transportation services company in Canada with a network of 11 strategically located fixed bases to support operations throughout the country. Canadian Helicopters owns and operates 91 light, medium, and heavy lift helicopters. In addition to charter services, Canadian Helicopters provides flight training and helicopter repair and maintenance services. Its customers include the US Department of Defense (North Warning System), Canadian Department of National Defense, Federal Government of Canada, Nova Scotia Department of Health and Bell Helicopter.
On October 31, 2017, HNZ and PHI, Inc. (“PHI”) announced they have entered into an arrangement agreement pursuant to which Don Wall, HNZ’s President and CEO, will acquire all the issued and outstanding shares of HNZ. As part of the arrangement, PHI will acquire the portion of HNZ’s offshore business conducted in New Zealand, Australia, the Philippines and Papua New Guinea, and Don Wall will retain Canadian Helicopters (the onshore operations). Total onshore revenues for the three- and nine-month periods ended September 30, 2017 were $29.2 million and $57.4 million, respectively.
“We’re pleased to support Don and his team in the acquisition of Canadian Helicopters,” said Chris Johnson, Crown’s President & CEO. “This is a very well-established operation with a solid reputation for safety and quality of service. The business is underpinned by multi-year contracts with blue-chip clients and a large fleet of owned helicopters. Going forward, the company is well positioned to benefit from improving commodity markets and an increase in the usage of helicopters for disaster relief efforts.”
“Crown’s financing solution was the ideal complement to our senior facility,” said Don Wall, President & CEO of Canadian Helicopters. “The Crown team understood our business quickly and was able to get us a commitment in less than two weeks.”
The Agreement provides for a $8.0 million term loan to Canadian Helicopters by Crown Capital Fund IV, LP, an investment fund managed by Crown and in which Crown holds a 36.5% interest. The term loan bears a fixed interest rate of 10% per annum, matures in 60 months, and includes a bonus feature based on the growth in Canadian Helicopters’ enterprise value. Canadian Helicopters has also arranged for a $75.0 million, 3-year senior credit facility led by Canadian Western Bank.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit