Crown Capital Partners Inc. (“Crown” or “the Corporation”) (TSX: CRWN), which provides growth capital to successful mid-market companies, today announced the closing of a $8.0 million term loan (the “Agreement”) with Canadian Helicopters Limited (“Canadian Helicopters”), which is part of the HNZ Group of Companies (“HNZ”) (TSX: HNZ), an international provider of helicopter transportation and related support services.
Canadian Helicopters is the largest helicopter transportation services company in Canada with a network of 11 strategically located fixed bases to support operations throughout the country. Canadian Helicopters owns and operates 91 light, medium, and heavy lift helicopters. In addition to charter services, Canadian Helicopters provides flight training and helicopter repair and maintenance services. Its customers include the US Department of Defense (North Warning System), Canadian Department of National Defense, Federal Government of Canada, Nova Scotia Department of Health and Bell Helicopter.
On October 31, 2017, HNZ and PHI, Inc. (“PHI”) announced they have entered into an arrangement agreement pursuant to which Don Wall, HNZ’s President and CEO, will acquire all the issued and outstanding shares of HNZ. As part of the arrangement, PHI will acquire the portion of HNZ’s offshore business conducted in New Zealand, Australia, the Philippines and Papua New Guinea, and Don Wall will retain Canadian Helicopters (the onshore operations). Total onshore revenues for the three- and nine-month periods ended September 30, 2017 were $29.2 million and $57.4 million, respectively.
“We’re pleased to support Don and his team in the acquisition of Canadian Helicopters,” said Chris Johnson, Crown’s President & CEO. “This is a very well-established operation with a solid reputation for safety and quality of service. The business is underpinned by multi-year contracts with blue-chip clients and a large fleet of owned helicopters. Going forward, the company is well positioned to benefit from improving commodity markets and an increase in the usage of helicopters for disaster relief efforts.”
“Crown’s financing solution was the ideal complement to our senior facility,” said Don Wall, President & CEO of Canadian Helicopters. “The Crown team understood our business quickly and was able to get us a commitment in less than two weeks.”
The Agreement provides for a $8.0 million term loan to Canadian Helicopters by Crown Capital Fund IV, LP, an investment fund managed by Crown and in which Crown holds a 36.5% interest. The term loan bears a fixed interest rate of 10% per annum, matures in 60 months, and includes a bonus feature based on the growth in Canadian Helicopters’ enterprise value. Canadian Helicopters has also arranged for a $75.0 million, 3-year senior credit facility led by Canadian Western Bank.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement