The S-92® helicopter produced by Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), takes center stage in the debut of the new Science Channel series “Mega Machines.”
This debut episode airs Thursday, Jan. 4, at 10 p.m. EST/PST on the Science Channel. The engineering-focused show highlights the robust design and reliability of the S-92 and features Cougar Helicopters Inc., which exclusively operates S-92 helicopters and performs search and rescue and worker transport missions to oil rigs off the Canadian coast.
“With a fleet of nine S-92 helicopters, Cougar is proud to tell the story of our use of this powerful and reliable machine to save lives in one of the world’s most demanding environments,” said Hank Williams, Chief Operating Officer, Cougar Helicopters Inc.
“Sikorsky’s founder, Igor Sikorsky, envisioned the helicopter as a life-saving machine,” said Dana Fiatarone, Sikorsky’s vice president for Commercial Systems & Services. “Sikorsky is thrilled to participate and show viewers how our engineering and design philosophies are providing the platform of choice to save lives today, all while supporting our founder’s vision.”
The one-hour episode examines the technologies that distinguish the S-92 helicopter and follows a Cougar Helicopters Inc. crew as they demonstrate search and rescue missions in a variety of difficult environments.
Sikorsky will celebrate the delivery of the 300th S-92 helicopter to its global fleet in the first quarter of 2018. With a best-in-class safety record and industry-leading dispatch availability, the multi-mission S-92 aircraft is the preferred aircraft of its size class for offshore oil worker transportation and search and rescue, as well as head of state missions and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO