The S-92® helicopter produced by Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), takes center stage in the debut of the new Science Channel series “Mega Machines.”
This debut episode airs Thursday, Jan. 4, at 10 p.m. EST/PST on the Science Channel. The engineering-focused show highlights the robust design and reliability of the S-92 and features Cougar Helicopters Inc., which exclusively operates S-92 helicopters and performs search and rescue and worker transport missions to oil rigs off the Canadian coast.
“With a fleet of nine S-92 helicopters, Cougar is proud to tell the story of our use of this powerful and reliable machine to save lives in one of the world’s most demanding environments,” said Hank Williams, Chief Operating Officer, Cougar Helicopters Inc.
“Sikorsky’s founder, Igor Sikorsky, envisioned the helicopter as a life-saving machine,” said Dana Fiatarone, Sikorsky’s vice president for Commercial Systems & Services. “Sikorsky is thrilled to participate and show viewers how our engineering and design philosophies are providing the platform of choice to save lives today, all while supporting our founder’s vision.”
The one-hour episode examines the technologies that distinguish the S-92 helicopter and follows a Cougar Helicopters Inc. crew as they demonstrate search and rescue missions in a variety of difficult environments.
Sikorsky will celebrate the delivery of the 300th S-92 helicopter to its global fleet in the first quarter of 2018. With a best-in-class safety record and industry-leading dispatch availability, the multi-mission S-92 aircraft is the preferred aircraft of its size class for offshore oil worker transportation and search and rescue, as well as head of state missions and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet