The S-92® helicopter produced by Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), takes center stage in the debut of the new Science Channel series “Mega Machines.”
This debut episode airs Thursday, Jan. 4, at 10 p.m. EST/PST on the Science Channel. The engineering-focused show highlights the robust design and reliability of the S-92 and features Cougar Helicopters Inc., which exclusively operates S-92 helicopters and performs search and rescue and worker transport missions to oil rigs off the Canadian coast.
“With a fleet of nine S-92 helicopters, Cougar is proud to tell the story of our use of this powerful and reliable machine to save lives in one of the world’s most demanding environments,” said Hank Williams, Chief Operating Officer, Cougar Helicopters Inc.
“Sikorsky’s founder, Igor Sikorsky, envisioned the helicopter as a life-saving machine,” said Dana Fiatarone, Sikorsky’s vice president for Commercial Systems & Services. “Sikorsky is thrilled to participate and show viewers how our engineering and design philosophies are providing the platform of choice to save lives today, all while supporting our founder’s vision.”
The one-hour episode examines the technologies that distinguish the S-92 helicopter and follows a Cougar Helicopters Inc. crew as they demonstrate search and rescue missions in a variety of difficult environments.
Sikorsky will celebrate the delivery of the 300th S-92 helicopter to its global fleet in the first quarter of 2018. With a best-in-class safety record and industry-leading dispatch availability, the multi-mission S-92 aircraft is the preferred aircraft of its size class for offshore oil worker transportation and search and rescue, as well as head of state missions and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream