Greenwich AeroGroup announced today that it is changing the name of its subsidiary TruAtlantic Manufacturing in Kernersville, N.C. to Summit Aviation. The name change leverages the strength of Summit’s manufacturing product lines. The change is effective immediately.
“It made sense to bring TruAtlantic into the weave with Summit’s other manufacturing capabilities,” said Chief Operating Officer for Greenwich AeroGroup and Vice President and General Manager for Summit Aviation Ralph Kunz. “TruAtlantic was already reporting to us and now we can align our corporate and product brand identities to offer customers seamless manufacturing services through Summit Aviation.”
Currently, Summit Aviation offers manufacturing services based out of its locations in Middletown, Del., Somerset, Ky., and now Kernersville, N.C.
TruAtlantic was formed in 2014 when Greenwich AeroGroup retained the manufacturing side of then-owned Atlantic Aero upon its divestiture to Landmark Aviation. Summit’s Somerset operations began in 2007 and it has quadrupled its business over the last four years.
“In the last 10 years we have seen significant growth in our manufacturing capabilities and customers at all three locations,” added Kunz. “It’s a testament to the hard work of our team and our commitment to providing top-notch products and services to our customers.”
Along with the name change, the company created a new manufacturing website that can be found at www.summitaviationmfg.com.
- Bell teams with industry leaders to form Team Invictus
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum