Greenwich AeroGroup announced today that it is changing the name of its subsidiary TruAtlantic Manufacturing in Kernersville, N.C. to Summit Aviation. The name change leverages the strength of Summit’s manufacturing product lines. The change is effective immediately.
“It made sense to bring TruAtlantic into the weave with Summit’s other manufacturing capabilities,” said Chief Operating Officer for Greenwich AeroGroup and Vice President and General Manager for Summit Aviation Ralph Kunz. “TruAtlantic was already reporting to us and now we can align our corporate and product brand identities to offer customers seamless manufacturing services through Summit Aviation.”
Currently, Summit Aviation offers manufacturing services based out of its locations in Middletown, Del., Somerset, Ky., and now Kernersville, N.C.
TruAtlantic was formed in 2014 when Greenwich AeroGroup retained the manufacturing side of then-owned Atlantic Aero upon its divestiture to Landmark Aviation. Summit’s Somerset operations began in 2007 and it has quadrupled its business over the last four years.
“In the last 10 years we have seen significant growth in our manufacturing capabilities and customers at all three locations,” added Kunz. “It’s a testament to the hard work of our team and our commitment to providing top-notch products and services to our customers.”
Along with the name change, the company created a new manufacturing website that can be found at www.summitaviationmfg.com.
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS