MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces the purchase of a new MD 530F helicopter by the Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit. Approved by the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners in December, the new MD 530F will replace one of the Department’s two helicopters that was involved in an accident earlier this year.
The Gwinnett County Aviation Unit has flown MD Helicopters’ 500-Series helicopters since the mid-1980s.
“A proven and reliable platform for law enforcement aviation units worldwide, the MD 530F delivers optimized operational capabilities and greater mission versatility than other aircraft in its class” said Andy Pillado, Vice President of Commercial and Military Sales for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We are proud to have been Gwinnett County’s platform-of-choice for nearly 30-years, and are honored that the Gwinnett County team has chosen to welcome another MDHI aircraft to their family.”
Configured to mirror the capabilities of Gwinnett County’s existing MD 530F, the new helicopter will feature the 650shp Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine, extended tail boom and longer main-rotor blades, and will be equipped with MD Helicopters’ new all-glass cockpit, as well as wire strike protection, Fargo 21 gallon auxiliary fuel tank, and provisions for a nose-mounted EO/IO solution and recessed PA Speaker Mount. The complete, upgraded law enforcement mission equipment package will be installed by Hiram, Georgia-based Rotor Resources, LLC, an authorized MD Helicopters Service Center.
Based at Briscoe Field & Gwinnett County Airports, the Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit is responsible for providing direct aerial support to uniformed patrol officers responding to criminal activity, and general support to all other divisions within the Gwinnett County Government.
The Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit will take delivery of their new MD 530F in 4Q 2018.
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139