MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces the purchase of a new MD 530F helicopter by the Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit. Approved by the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners in December, the new MD 530F will replace one of the Department’s two helicopters that was involved in an accident earlier this year.
The Gwinnett County Aviation Unit has flown MD Helicopters’ 500-Series helicopters since the mid-1980s.
“A proven and reliable platform for law enforcement aviation units worldwide, the MD 530F delivers optimized operational capabilities and greater mission versatility than other aircraft in its class” said Andy Pillado, Vice President of Commercial and Military Sales for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We are proud to have been Gwinnett County’s platform-of-choice for nearly 30-years, and are honored that the Gwinnett County team has chosen to welcome another MDHI aircraft to their family.”
Configured to mirror the capabilities of Gwinnett County’s existing MD 530F, the new helicopter will feature the 650shp Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine, extended tail boom and longer main-rotor blades, and will be equipped with MD Helicopters’ new all-glass cockpit, as well as wire strike protection, Fargo 21 gallon auxiliary fuel tank, and provisions for a nose-mounted EO/IO solution and recessed PA Speaker Mount. The complete, upgraded law enforcement mission equipment package will be installed by Hiram, Georgia-based Rotor Resources, LLC, an authorized MD Helicopters Service Center.
Based at Briscoe Field & Gwinnett County Airports, the Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit is responsible for providing direct aerial support to uniformed patrol officers responding to criminal activity, and general support to all other divisions within the Gwinnett County Government.
The Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit will take delivery of their new MD 530F in 4Q 2018.
- Medical City Fort Worth opens new helipad
- Monacair turns 30 and looks ahead
- Lockheed Awarded $10M Contract for Apache Modernized Vision Sensors
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Schiebel demostrates comint and imaging payloads of S-100 Camcopter®
- CHC Announces New Contract with OMV
- California Army National Guard newest helicopters
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities
- Uttah Pradesh Government launches four new tourist heli flights
- Sri Lankan Air Force carry out first aerial seeding operation
- India approves Donaldson IBFs in AW139 and H130
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system