MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces the purchase of a new MD 530F helicopter by the Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit. Approved by the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners in December, the new MD 530F will replace one of the Department’s two helicopters that was involved in an accident earlier this year.
The Gwinnett County Aviation Unit has flown MD Helicopters’ 500-Series helicopters since the mid-1980s.
“A proven and reliable platform for law enforcement aviation units worldwide, the MD 530F delivers optimized operational capabilities and greater mission versatility than other aircraft in its class” said Andy Pillado, Vice President of Commercial and Military Sales for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We are proud to have been Gwinnett County’s platform-of-choice for nearly 30-years, and are honored that the Gwinnett County team has chosen to welcome another MDHI aircraft to their family.”
Configured to mirror the capabilities of Gwinnett County’s existing MD 530F, the new helicopter will feature the 650shp Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine, extended tail boom and longer main-rotor blades, and will be equipped with MD Helicopters’ new all-glass cockpit, as well as wire strike protection, Fargo 21 gallon auxiliary fuel tank, and provisions for a nose-mounted EO/IO solution and recessed PA Speaker Mount. The complete, upgraded law enforcement mission equipment package will be installed by Hiram, Georgia-based Rotor Resources, LLC, an authorized MD Helicopters Service Center.
Based at Briscoe Field & Gwinnett County Airports, the Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit is responsible for providing direct aerial support to uniformed patrol officers responding to criminal activity, and general support to all other divisions within the Gwinnett County Government.
The Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit will take delivery of their new MD 530F in 4Q 2018.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation