AMS Heli Design, LLC is proud to announce receipt of a FAA Supplementary Type Certificate (STC) for a new lightweight,quickly removable emergency medical services Advanced Life Support System (ALSS) interior for Leonardo AW119 andAW109 helicopters.
Andrea Girolin, Chief Executive Officer for AMS Heli Design said, the ALSS interior has been developed with doctors’,nurses’, and paramedics’ feedback and with the new technology by extensive use of composites and advanced materialsand can be removed in less than ten minutes for cleaning and quick change purposes. The ability to remove and reinstallthe interior components so quickly, allows deep blood cleaning as often as needed and this is a great advantagefor corrosion prevention and clean daily operations and maintenance personnel love this capability.
The ALSS interior is customizable and includes electrical outlets, a high-capacity oxygen system, medical air and suctionprovisions and a litter support turret topped with an articulating stretcher that allows patients to be loaded feet-firstinto the helicopter and then turned roughly 90 degrees so the stretcher is parallel to the helicopter doors. Further, thedesign allows a free stretcher movement inside the cabin with no requirement to raise/remove any seat backrest andthis is a “game changing” in day to day operations, permitting a comfortable, quick and easy loading/unloading of thepatient: “sometimes minutes counts and our interior can make the difference” says Andrea Girolin. Further, the ALSSinstallation is Night Vision Goggle Operation compliant and compatible.
While it has applications in the EMS market, Girolin noted the interior would also be suitable for multirole helicoptersthat need to be reconfigured often and quickly. “I’m sure that we can bring the quick change capabilities into greatadvantage for operators that wants to have the capability of an EMS helicopter but not restricted to that,” he said.
The interior has been selected by the South African Red Cross to be installed on its three new AW119Kx helicopters andon another five helicopters that will join the fleet in 2018 and 2019, said Girolin. Further we can announce that AMSinterior has also been selected by a Guinea operator for its EMS-Utility/VIP quick change operations on one AW109EPower helicopter.
“I’m proud of the product we have created and presented” said Girolin in a statement after HAI Heli-Expo 2017 in Dallas,Texas, where his company launched the new interior and “finally we can offer the market this interior fully certified”.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO