AMS Heli Design, LLC is proud to announce receipt of a FAA Supplementary Type Certificate (STC) for a new lightweight,quickly removable emergency medical services Advanced Life Support System (ALSS) interior for Leonardo AW119 andAW109 helicopters.
Andrea Girolin, Chief Executive Officer for AMS Heli Design said, the ALSS interior has been developed with doctors’,nurses’, and paramedics’ feedback and with the new technology by extensive use of composites and advanced materialsand can be removed in less than ten minutes for cleaning and quick change purposes. The ability to remove and reinstallthe interior components so quickly, allows deep blood cleaning as often as needed and this is a great advantagefor corrosion prevention and clean daily operations and maintenance personnel love this capability.
The ALSS interior is customizable and includes electrical outlets, a high-capacity oxygen system, medical air and suctionprovisions and a litter support turret topped with an articulating stretcher that allows patients to be loaded feet-firstinto the helicopter and then turned roughly 90 degrees so the stretcher is parallel to the helicopter doors. Further, thedesign allows a free stretcher movement inside the cabin with no requirement to raise/remove any seat backrest andthis is a “game changing” in day to day operations, permitting a comfortable, quick and easy loading/unloading of thepatient: “sometimes minutes counts and our interior can make the difference” says Andrea Girolin. Further, the ALSSinstallation is Night Vision Goggle Operation compliant and compatible.
While it has applications in the EMS market, Girolin noted the interior would also be suitable for multirole helicoptersthat need to be reconfigured often and quickly. “I’m sure that we can bring the quick change capabilities into greatadvantage for operators that wants to have the capability of an EMS helicopter but not restricted to that,” he said.
The interior has been selected by the South African Red Cross to be installed on its three new AW119Kx helicopters andon another five helicopters that will join the fleet in 2018 and 2019, said Girolin. Further we can announce that AMSinterior has also been selected by a Guinea operator for its EMS-Utility/VIP quick change operations on one AW109EPower helicopter.
“I’m proud of the product we have created and presented” said Girolin in a statement after HAI Heli-Expo 2017 in Dallas,Texas, where his company launched the new interior and “finally we can offer the market this interior fully certified”.
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support
- Eemshaven Heliport receives first flight
- MINT Turbines Names New General Manager
- Norwegian Government commits to rescue helicopter base at Tromso by 2022
- CIA Museum adds Mil MI-17 helicopter
- New hangar for Tuscaloosa Police
- REACH 6 celebrates 15 years of service