Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, announced today that it has completed a lease transaction for one H145 helicopter to CAF Táxi Aéreo (“CAF”) in Brazil to be used in private charter transportation within São Paulo. This transaction marks Waypoint’s 15th H145 delivery, and the first lease Waypoint has completed for private charter transportation.
Steffen Bay, Waypoint’s Vice President Sales & Relationship Management, Latin America, said, “We are pleased to complete our first transaction with CAF, an important new customer for Waypoint to make our entry into the private charter market. As part of our diversified global footprint we have been looking at how best to serve top tier passenger charter operators for some time as it has historically been underserved by lessors. Partnering with CAF in São Paulo, the largest urban helicopter market outside of the United States, is a great first step. Waypoint prides itself on our ability to provide technical leadership and flexible solutions to our customers, and we look forward to supporting CAF’s endeavors in the years to come.”
Cesar A. Federmann, CEO said, “CAF is an operator with very demanding customers, so we need to offer the safest and best performing aircraft available in the market. The H145 is an excellent aircraft with the safety standards and performance our customers expect in the latest technology aircraft. We chose Waypoint because of their reputation in the market and their flexible and cooperative approach. We were impressed with their knowledgeable team and are looking forward to continue working with them in the future”.
Since its inception in 2013, Waypoint has been active in supporting oil and gas, utility, firefighting and other industrial-focused helicopter operators. Waypoint’s portfolio includes more than 160 aircraft for more than 32 customers in over 31 countries with total assets in excess of $1.6 billion. Additionally, Waypoint has firm and option orders with aircraft manufacturers for more than 85 helicopters valued at more than $1.1 billion, to be delivered over the next five years.
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade