Turkish-owned German-based operator Wiking Helikopter Service has started its wind farm support contract in the UK. Airbus H145 D-HOAE has been ferried from Emden in Germany across the North Sea to Norwich on 7th January. Later the same day it positioned to its new base at Great Oakley Airfield, near Harwich.
Wiking Helikopter Service will be fulfilling a contract with Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy to provide helicopter services in support of the Galloper offshore wind farm using this H145. The 336MW Galloper offshore wind farm is located 30 kilometres off the coast of Suffolk, UK and consists of 56 turbines. The contract is the first long term heli hoist service contract for Wiking in the UK.
Temporary approval to use the Great Oakley airfield has been approved for a maximum of two years pending the construction of a helipad and hangar at Harwich International Port.
In October last year, Turkish operator Kaan Air announced that they had acquired 60% of Wiking.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Airbus will only sell you a five-blade H145 now
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- UK Military Flying Training System to add four Airbus H145s
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- Christoph 51 has been used more than 25,000 times in 30 years
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment