Turkish-owned German-based operator Wiking Helikopter Service has started its wind farm support contract in the UK. Airbus H145 D-HOAE has been ferried from Emden in Germany across the North Sea to Norwich on 7th January. Later the same day it positioned to its new base at Great Oakley Airfield, near Harwich.
Wiking Helikopter Service will be fulfilling a contract with Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy to provide helicopter services in support of the Galloper offshore wind farm using this H145. The 336MW Galloper offshore wind farm is located 30 kilometres off the coast of Suffolk, UK and consists of 56 turbines. The contract is the first long term heli hoist service contract for Wiking in the UK.
Temporary approval to use the Great Oakley airfield has been approved for a maximum of two years pending the construction of a helipad and hangar at Harwich International Port.
In October last year, Turkish operator Kaan Air announced that they had acquired 60% of Wiking.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana